playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker problems  (Read 2430 times)

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
ArrayMaker problems
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
Hi Jean --

I am running into some issues with ArrayMaker.

I have two arrays  on a prefab (empty object) with a PlayMaker action Get Owner on this object that passes itself as a global variable to other objects in the scene. Both of the arrays have 81 entries. One is setup for Materials, the other for Booleans.

When I run the scene, initially everything works well -- the materials are passed to objects that call upon them from the Material array based on yes/no bool test from the other array. However, once I close Unity and restart it, then only some of the items get their data from arrays --some of the others do not. The same thing happens when and after I create an Android build -- only random items work and from then on I get exactly the same partial results running preview as I did on Android.

I just run some tests on the Mac and iOS builds -- the same bad results as on the PC with Android...

Now, my arrays are still intact and all the Playmaker FSMs on Object that call on arrays are still OK. I know this because when I remove the Array prefab from the scene and bring it back, everything is OK again... I can't make the Android built though...

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:01:54 PM by Pawel »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayMaker problems
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:08:04 AM »
Hi,

uhm... Could it be that your materials are missing actually? Could it also be that your logic is different whithin your published environment. And do you have some logic that deletes entry maybe they run without you noticing it?

I would do the following to debug this.

create a Fsm that runs and go through all array entries and output what it founds, and run this on your published platform, then you will know exactly what is missing and if it's random etc etc. Do that outside your current logic, just as something sitting on the side without anything else working. For exampel just your prefab and that fsm checking the content.

You can also pm me to share your project with me if you want, I'll have a look  and debug it if you have trouble finding the root of the problem.

Bye,

Jean

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:30:41 AM »
I did as you suggested and both the arrays work OK on Android when I run the Array List Get Next action.

So, I have more detective work ahead...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:39 AM »
Hi,

Good luck, It's never easy to debub issues only happening when publishing...

Keep us updated, depending ont he problem, I may be able to improve arrayMaker feedback for clarity.

bye,

Jean