playMaker

Author Topic: Smooth Look At Direction FINISH event  (Read 4581 times)

FlyinWhee

• Playmaker Newbie
Smooth Look At Direction FINISH event
« on: June 30, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
I'm at my 2 day playing with PlayMaker, still learning the ropes, but here's one thing that struck me as odd.

I'm implementing a twin-stick shooter player control with PlayMaker, nothing complex. I've got everything working, but I was trying to have the player face the direction he's aiming only when he's aiming.

So my approach was to have him always look forward, but when the Joystick Right Stick axis are used (Axis Event), go to a "Firing" state, and from there, Face the Aiming Vector obtained from those two axis (Right Stick) and face that direction.

Except Smooth Look at Direction does not offer a Finish event. But Smooth Look at does? I don't understand how that came to be.

So maybe I'm thinking this wrong and should be doing this some other way, either way, any feedback will be appreciated!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Smooth Look At Direction FINISH event
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 02:52:37 AM »
Hi,

Indeed, good point. I made a new version of this action to let you fire a custom event AND fire a the FINISH event when done. the min magnitude is expressed in degrees.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=4276.0

bye,

Jean

FlyinWhee

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Smooth Look At Direction FINISH event
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting that and surely not that fast! Thanks!

J'étais déjà convaincu que PlayMaker était un excellent produit, maintenant je sais que le support est exceptionnel ;)

Merci encore!