playMaker

Author Topic: Easy Save 2 problem [SOLVED]  (Read 2829 times)

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
Easy Save 2 problem [SOLVED]
« on: July 05, 2013, 05:15:56 AM »
Hi all,
I have recently been playing with Easy Save 2 with Playmaker on a colleagues machine - he his given up development with unity but still has some old assets etc.

The problem I am having maybe because he has version 2.11 and I noticed the latest is v2.14

Anyways, before I go ahead and purchase Easy Save 2 for myself with intent on using it with Playmaker, is their any known issues with regards to loading and saving values with ES2 and PM?

For example, on a little test project I was playing around with, I could save values (int) into save file... but then trying to load them and place them back into a variable and display it on screen (using NGUI and Set Text properties) it did not seem to load them into the variable.

Was this a previously known issue with v2.11 or am I missing something. I would like to purchase this but only if I know that it works 100%.

Regards,
-Andos
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:52:56 PM by oOoANDOSoOo »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Easy Save 2 problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 05:44:03 AM »
Hi,

I am not aware of any such issues. Is it just ints? or any variables? Is there any logs in the Unity console?

I'll check with Easay Save Author to double check on everything. Let me get back to you on this when I have more infos.

bye,

Jean

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Easy Save 2 problem
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »
Hi,
So I just created a whole new test project with Playmaker, NGUI and Easy Save 2 v2.11 and had it save and load int values successfully... so i am not too sure what I've done wrong in my previous project.

I must go and investigate. Many thanks for taking the time to look at this though.

Regards,
-ANDOS

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Easy Save 2 problem [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 01:57:40 AM »
Hi,

oh, good, I double checked here and all is fine too. What action are you using specifically on that project that did not work?

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Easy Save 2 problem [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:00:17 AM »
Hi,

Actually, I think I know, the official set of actions have bugs. The arrayMaker actions work fine, but if you are using  LoadInt for example, then it won't work. I have contacted the author to provide an official fix.

Bye,

Jean