playMaker

Author Topic: Missing PlayMaker Photon Game Object Proxy  (Read 1918 times)

Fletch

• Junior Playmaker
    • SneakOnTheLot.com
Missing PlayMaker Photon Game Object Proxy
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »
I'm creating a game that has a sun which rotates around the game. 

I've used the Photon Demo as a simple platform from which to further develop.

It's all working really well at this point but when I start the game I get this error in the console.

"Missing PlaymakerPhotonGameObjectProxy on GameObject 'Sun' with FSM 'Rotate Sun' containing variables suppose to be synched over the network."

I looked in the Photon section of actions but I don't see a PlaymakerPhotonGameObjectProxy.  What is going on here?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Missing PlayMaker Photon Game Object Proxy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:09:51 AM »
Hi,

Ok, When you want to sync variables over the network, you'll need to have a "component" PlaymakerPhotonGameObjectProxy on that gameObject. It's not a playmaker action, it's simply a bridge between Photon and PlayMaker for them to work together.

BUT, actually, during editing, all you need is to add a "PlayMakerPhotonView" component, the PlaymakerPhotonGameObjectProxy is added automatically under the hood at runtime, so you should never add this component manually as a matter of fact.

I highly recommand that you use the wizard to set up an Fsm that you want to sync, it will create and set up all the required component, including the fsm component itself. Follow this instructions:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W989

If that doesn't help or if it's not clear let me know. I'll detail more.

bye,

Jean