playMaker

Author Topic: Level Change in Photon Multi-Player  (Read 4714 times)

Fletch

• Junior Playmaker
    • SneakOnTheLot.com
Level Change in Photon Multi-Player
« on: July 11, 2013, 03:02:59 PM »
I'm at a point now where adding new levels to my multi-player game is a must. 

However, now that I'm sitting here looking at a blank FSM I'm realizing I don't know how to do this?  How is a new scene treated in the Photon world?  It's in the same room but it's a new scene within that room.  Am I over thinking this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Level Change in Photon Multi-Player
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:28:45 AM »
Hi,

room and scenes are separated. a "room" is simply a virtual space where you gather users to play together, they can interact within that room, but not with players not within that room. That's how you can have multi games running at the same time, but players from one game can not see players from other games. think of a tennis game. only two player can play a single game. but many mayn users will play your game, the way to go is to create one room per game, with only two users per room/game.

now, within this tennis game example, one user might be already read on the court, while waiting for someone to join and play, and for this you might want to have two different scene, one for the menu, and one for the game. so both players are on the same "room" but in different scenes, and that's fine.

bye,

Jean

Fletch

• Junior Playmaker
    • SneakOnTheLot.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:21:50 AM »
So if I built my game with a single scene for the menu and the game, can I just add a scene or do I need to split that up to have one scene for the menu and then 1 scene per level?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
Hi,

that's entirly up to you, both are fine. It's more a question of organization.

Read this, it's exactly the same question:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1390.msg13327#msg13327

Bye,

Jean