playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker and EasySave 2  (Read 4637 times)

JennaReanne

• Junior Playmaker
    • Little Worlds Interactive
ArrayMaker and EasySave 2
« on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:13 AM »
Hi all,
I downloaded EasySave2 and the Playmaker actions for it (from the bottom of this page: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W715) but it's throwing some major errors.  For example:

"Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/ArrayListEasyDownload.cs(143,76): error CS0117: `PlayMakerUtils' does not contain a definition for `ParseValueFromString'"

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
-Jenna

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayMaker and EasySave 2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »
Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday :)

I tested and it all look ok to me, can you redownload and install the latest arrayMaker package as well? you are likely running a previous version of ArrayMaker.

Bye,

Jean

JennaReanne

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
Welcome back :)

It seems to be working fine now, I guess I just didn't have the most recent version of arrayMaker!

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to properly use the "Array List Easy Load" action though -  I'm getting a "DirectoryNotFoundException" error.  For the Save File field I have:
/Assets/_SaveData/Monsters_Easy.txt

Is there a different way that I should have the file path listed here?

Thanks!
-Jenna

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »
Hi,

Can you explain a bit more what you are doing in the various actions? maybe screenshots of the actions and value you use

bye,

Jean

JennaReanne

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
Certainly!

If I have "Monsters_easy.txt" (see first attachment) in the "Save File" field, I get this error:

"ES2NotFoundException: The data, tag, file or folder you are looking for does not exist. Please ensure that ES2.Exists(string identifier) returns true before calling this method."

If I have "Assets/_SaveData/Monsters_Easy.txt" (see second attachment) in the "Save File" field, I get this error:

"DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/jenna/Library/Caches/DefaultCompany/MagicMath/Assets/_SaveData/Monsters_Easy.txt"."

Thanks,
Jenna

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »
Hi,

IF you don't use any tag, then I tag using a reference of the fsm:

Fsm.GameObjectName+"/"+Fsm.Name+"/arraylist/"+reference;

so, here you should tag it with a unique identifier is you plany on getting it in a different FSM.

I think this is your problem here.

bye,

Jean

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:51 AM »
I had the same issue - you cant load a file that doesn't exist, save the file first :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:26:52 AM by LampRabbit »

JennaReanne

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »
Thank you LampRabbit!  That would explain why I am having so much difficulty with this (I've been working on other things for the past few months, just picking this back up now!)  Is there a better way to accomplish this goal?  Basically, I have a whole bunch of numbers that I need to load to procedurally set the player's deck in each level.  I'll potentially have upwards of 50 levels, so saving all of these the first time the player loads the game seems clunky.  I just need to be able to load numbers or attach the right arraylist at level load - any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Jenna

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 02:22:18 AM »
Hi,

EasySave is really to save in game data, to store settings or the actual reference data, I suggest you use xml or a text delimited file or something. This is better in my opinion.

you have a xmlMaker on the wiki,
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1133

and text delimited file can be parse using arrayMaker ( there is a sample showing how it works, and it's fast!)

Bye,

Jean

JennaReanne

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 09:55:17 AM »
Wow, xmlMaker looks really powerful, thank you for pointing me in that direction!  Time to go read through some xml tutorials :)