playMaker

Author Topic: Compatibility of PlayMaker with Ultimate FPS  (Read 13759 times)

Fortunato

• Playmaker Newbie
Compatibility of PlayMaker with Ultimate FPS
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
Hi. Tell me please, how i can install actions of Ultimate FPS to PlayMaker?

Both assets i bought and have imported in Unity3D.

THX!

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
Re: Compatibility of PlayMaker with Ultimate FPS
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:29 AM »
Hey,Here is the info of playmaker and the plug in Ultimate FPS

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1110

Seems like the actions will be coming soon.
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

Fortunato

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
Seems like the actions will be coming soon.
Hmm... How soon?

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »
Er.. Not sure where it is on the list since actions are constantly being made.
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »
Hi,

soon... I am supposed to give it a proper go, and to be honest, the task is overwhelming and this put me off a bit, cause if I start... I am in for a long time! UFPS is so huge in features and settings... sigh...

currently, can you tell me what is stopping you from using it? most of the features are really exposed in the inspector, and if you need to modify parameters in real time, most of it is available using "set propert" actions.

So, could you tell me what feature of ufps you want to access within playmaker? that will give me a direction to start.

bye,

Jean

Fortunato

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:21:44 PM »
So, could you tell me what feature of ufps you want to access within playmaker? that will give me a direction to start.
I do not understand how to work with the "set property". I cant find in list of property functions from FUC.

Several wishes:

Damage script (vp_PlayerDamageHandler.cs)
  • Amount of health in damage script (get, set, and compare).
  • Action to verify if object is death.
  • Action to consuming and additive a certain amount of health to object with damage script.

Inventory (vp_SimpleInventory.cs)
  • Action for work with current number of ammunition and clips (get, set and compare) with the ability to write a value to a variable.
  • Action to take and throw weapons or ammunition from inventory.
  • Actiion to find out what weapon is selected (get, set and compare) with the ability to write a value to a variable.

Grab (vp_Grab.cs)
  • Action to find out if player grab something with the ability to record the name of the object to a variable.

etc...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:35:13 AM »
Hi,

Ok, Deep breath! this is going to be quite heavy, so bear with me. Get the package here:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1110

You'll have a specific demos "PlayMaker DemoScene 3" that is your first stop to learn and understand.

-- I have implemented an activity watcher, so you can have global events to know when player does something ( dead, walk, run, crouch etc). All global events are created already, you just need to have the prefab in your scene, and implement the various "UFPSC / ACTIVITY / XXX / XXX" that you need on them Fsm.

As far as  custom actions, you'll have for now:

Damage

-- Amount of Health: You can now set and get health: WARNING, I found an issue that if you set health above the max possible value, you will see the hud showing what you setted, but under the hood it's only the maxed out value... I have contacted the author for this, maybe there is something to do to properly refresh the HUD, but I haven't found it.

-- Damage: simply send a message "Damage" with a float of the amount of damage to apply. that's how it's done within the game examples  as well.

-- Inventory: you can add weapons and items ( clip and ammo, they are all the same, simply reference the proper inventory item).

-- health getter and setter, and an action to know if the user is dead ( you can also simply watch for DEAD activity using the global events.

Now, you must realize ( not just you, everyone interesting in working with UFPSC and playmaker together), that UFPSC is a powerfull beast, it's an amazing system, but it comes at a price, it means you have to fully understand how it works, AND to do so, you will need basic scripting knowledge. Why? because UFPSC in itself is not what you see in the demos, the demos are made on top of UFPSC, therefore the actions and activities that I implemented are related and specific to the demos. It's tricky, because the author did such a good job, that you can simply use that in your game, and you are good to go for 99% of your needs! If you plan on going crazy with UFPSC, then you will have to edit scripts to create new activities, which means in turns scripting custom actions to work with these new activities.

Having said that. You should carefully study the demos as is, without playmaker, they are SOOOO powerful, and the author did such a great job, that I personnally don't see much needs of playmaker implementation, since everything it already there presented conveniently, and ready to work.

Now, I have made a playmaker integration within Demo 3 to demonstrate how to add a weapon ( as if the user pick one), and how to add clips ( as if th euser picks one in game), This will be your first stop to understand how it works

If you have activities that you want to see available, let me know. Again, the likely issue you will have is that you won't understand what activities are and how to work with them if you don't have some basic scripting knowledge and read the docs properly again and again ( I had too as well, don't worry). So if you have questions, I'll try to come up with a related behavior in the demos, else it's likely that you'll have to implement it from scratch.

Bye,

Jean

nomax5

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 03:17:18 AM »
Thanks jeanfabre for making the PlayMakerUltimateFPSCamera.unitypackage although it is rocket science to me and I don't understand it, I really appreciate the fact that you made it to help us.

It points me in the right direction, gives me somewhere to start and that is great. Thanks.

cdutoit

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
Major THANK YOU for creating this package. I've started using it and it works great. Two great assets talking to each other.

Had a question - perhaps this needs to be added or I'm simply not seeing how to do it. UFPS has the concept of Interactables, one of them being vp_grab. This allows you to hover over an item and "grab" it with the F key.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a playmaker/ufps event that I can key off of to know that an item has been "grabbed", so that I can subsequently call the add item to inventory method.

Any idea how one would get an event that an item has been interacted with using the F key?

Thanks in advance
Chris

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 04:44:47 AM »
Hi,

I think this aspect requires scripting to register properly to custom functions.

I am swamped atm, but I have added this to the trello task. Don't forget to up vote this!!

https://trello.com/c/LdWl2XIg/52-ufps-update

bye,

Jean

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »
What about vp_Switch support?

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »
They have updated UFPS. I have feeling that a lot of those actions does not work with the new UFPS, cause they made a major update to inventory system.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 01:58:51 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I noted these on the trello task. Thanks for reporting. Don't forget to up vote this task to get it done faster.

Bye,

Jean

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
It would be also awesome, if you add Mobile Add-on for UFPS support. Last time I've tried add weapon using Playmaker in old version of UFPS, it added a weapon, but messed up mobile interface.

http://u3d.as/content/vision-punk/mobile-add-on-for-ufps/5Mp
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:31:11 PM by Gua »

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 04:24:46 AM »
I would also love to see action that can change currently equipped weapon. It's a must have, for those who build their own mobile UI.