playMaker

Author Topic: IOS Facebook/Twitter/GameCenter Prime[31] Actions  (Read 18480 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: IOS Facebook/Twitter/GameCenter Prime[31] Actions
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 02:56:33 AM »
Hi,

Good, I am glad you are making progress!

value can be any simple types: string, int, float, bool, rect, quaternion, vector2, vector3, texture. Basically, all the variable type you can create in Fsm Variables.

It can be something else, but then it won't show in the preview slot, and you won't be able to extract it in a Fsm Variable. but you can still work with any object value.

bye

Jean

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 03:54:11 AM »
Ah, so the 'object value' is the string in this case and the string type ... um .. errr whats the string type? if I only use the object value it has an error saying it needs 2 arguments.

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 05:08:32 AM »
Bump - I hate bumping but I really need to figure this out, it's taken me way too long already :(

Synty

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 08:39:18 AM »
Any update on these actions?

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »
Still stuck on adding the friends to array maker, haven't touched these actions in a few weeks just because I have to finish the rest of my game .. even though this is still very important. Not sure when these will be released yet.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 06:38:22 AM »
Hi,

Sent a email to you with some new actions.

Basically, as a general hanlding strategy of Facebook graph return, I recommand the following approach:

if your data content has only two rows, then use a hashtable, one row as the key and the other as the value,

in case of fb friends, you have friendid and friendname. Simply put the friendid as key and then friendname as value within a hashtable and done.

If you have more complex data with more rows basically, simply create as much arrayList as there are rows and inject in each the corresponding value. You will then be able to retrieve values for a specific index in that "list" made out of several arrayList.

Say we had friends with date of birth too. we would have three rows to manager

friendId,FriendName,FriendDob

have three arrayLists, one for id, one for name and one for dob.

find in the name arrayList, the index of a certain friend name, you can then get its date of birht ba getting the value in the dob arrayList under the same index.

Does that make sense?

bye,

Jean

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 07:18:47 AM »
Hi,

Thanks heaps for this, had this on my list of things to test today, (building as I type) I think the best method is with the multi array as other people may need more info from the Facebook graph requests (this would need some editing to the dll) but nothing I couldn't add once my game is out and I have more time to clean it all up. I might make a 'getFriendsID' and 'getFriendsName' just in case people want to get more info, it will be easier to just add new action.

Building ..... and not working Hmmm.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:41:24 AM by LampRabbit »

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
I'll try to get the facebook plug-in working in unity (like Mike has it in the vid I sent you) then I can test if the dll is working and break down where its not working. We'll get there :D

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 08:18:04 PM »
Have created a question on Prime31 support forum as I tracked it down to the P31DeserializeableField code he created in the video I linked. In Xcode it throws and exception even when in a non Playmaker environment.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 01:38:49 AM »
Hi,

I am on it, please bump if I get side tracked.

bye,

Jean

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 03:52:56 AM »
Bump :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
arghh! :)

I am on it!

Bye,

Jean

Sonic Punch Studio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 04:32:18 AM »
Hey there guys! I was just wondering, will those actions also work in Android games?

Intense bubble popping action! Get Bubble Virtuoso today!

Trailer:
Purchase: http://tinyurl.com/buyBVnow

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »
Hi,

No, this is a "IOS" Prime[31] plugins, so that plugins only work on IOS. Check out the lsit of plugins, I think there is one for Android, but I never tested it.

bye,

Jean

Marsh

• Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »
If anyone is interested I made this plugin. I guess I should not have tried to upload to the unity Asset Store of the Christmas season as I have been waiting for a week and a half now with no word. iOS and Android are currently available. I can not make the bundle as I do not own that plugin and dont have $120.

It will be on the store for $15 when it gets approved. It may a bit annoying to have to pay for Prime31 tools and my plugin but a lot of work went into it. It also includes detailed documentation of how to setup a Twitter and Facebook application.

It can also receive friends lists as mentioned earlier in this thread. I have also added 2 non Prime31 actions that allow you to check if someone liked your page on Facebook and to follow a user on twitter.

If you want it early feel free to shoot me a pm.

I have also created a Prime31 Vungle Plugin for PlayMaker. If you have any ideas of a Prime31 plugin (or other) that you want actions created for feel free to pm me.