playMaker

Author Topic: Help with Photon Errors [SOLVED]  (Read 4627 times)

jess84

Help with Photon Errors [SOLVED]
« on: September 02, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »
Hi,

So because of some pretty major problems (project crashing on launch, some MonoScript exception), I had to uninstall and reinstall unity. I probably should have stuck with 4.1, but went with the latest, 4.2.

After cleaning up lots of problems, I'm down to the following errors:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Actions/PhotonNetworkCreateRoomAdvanced.cs(78,39): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(string, bool, bool, int, ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable, string[])' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Actions/PhotonNetworkCreateRoomAdvanced.cs(78,39): error CS1503: Argument `#5' cannot convert `System.Collections.Hashtable' expression to type `ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable

How do I fix these? (baring in mind that I'm not a coder, so have limited knowledge :) )

Note; I haven't changed any files, or anything within the project relating to those files - and they were all working perfectly last night.

Help! :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:43:47 AM by jeanfabre »

jess84

Re: Help with Errors
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »
Anyone?
(sorry for bumping, but this is preventing me from working on my prototype  :( )

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:20:17 AM »
Are you using Photon Networking? If not, delete the Photon Unity Networking folder.

If you are using it, you may have a combination of old and new files. I would recommend deleting the Photon folder and re-importing it from the latest version of Playmaker.

As always, BACKUP projects before making these kinds of changes in Unity!

jess84

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
I am using Photon.

OK, so following that advice I can clear those two errors. However things in my prototype are referencing scripts and files in the Photon directory - so things now seem really broken when I launch the game.

Given that I managed to remove a ton of the errors, and got down to just the 2 outstanding - and my game functioned properly. How could I fix the final 2 errors without breaking my demo?  Find and replace the 2 files?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
However things in my prototype are referencing scripts and files in the Photon directory - so things now seem really broken when I launch the game.

Are these scripts not in the Playmaker Photon installation?

Jean Fabre might need to chime in since he maintains the Playmaker/Photon integration...

jess84

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »
That one wasn't.  I've just copied it from elsewhere, and it's now got rid of my errors. Hurrah!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:43:26 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, I am currently catching up on pending threads.

so, yes always make sure you are up to date with the various frameworks. In general I always make a distinction between the content of my game and the frameworks that i use from the assets store,  and I always download from my asset store accoun the various framework needed. this way, you avoid such issues.

bye,

Jean