playMaker

Author Topic: Activate Game Object  (Read 3749 times)

henk

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Dawson 3D
Activate Game Object
« on: July 25, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »
I'm using the "Activate Game Object" action script - it works... I'm able to de-activate an object and all of its children. The problem is that I can't seem to re-activate the game object after I've deactivated it.

Here's what I've tried:
Adding a wait for one second action and checking the "Reset On Exit" checkbox on the "Activate Game Object" action.

I've also tried:
A transition, on FINISH, to a new state that has the "Activate Game Object" action with the "Active" box checked.

Neither of these work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Henk

Proton

• Playmaker Newbie
    • NPlay
Re: Activate Game Object
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »
Are you deactivating the GO that your FSM is attached to? That would stop it from working.

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
Yeah try putting the "activate game object" on another object other than the one you want to activate/deactivate, and then use the "specify game object" drop down to flag the object you want.

LordShaggy

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »
I would suggest creating a game object that stores all the things you need to have deactivated. Parent the game object you need to deactivate to this object, then deactivate it. 

When you need to reactivate it, do it from the object that you parented it too.   You can then just have a set of states run on activate to ensure it is parented to the right thing.

If this is confusing, in short.

"You will have to activate the object through something else.  Once it is deactivated, nothing inside those objects will work or run."

henk

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Dawson 3D
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
Thanks for the help! It worked.  :)