playMaker

Author Topic: Move Object To View Point - Disable Left Analogue - Rotate Object  (Read 2019 times)

mpaul0055

• Playmaker Newbie
Move Object To View Point - Disable Left Analogue - Rotate Object
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:31 AM »
Hi All

Im currently half way though a FP Adventure/Story game for the Oculus Rift and have decided to tackle my pick up method.

When you venture round the scene you will come across pictures and journals, you can view these by clicking on them.  They will then be stored in your backpack, to be viewed again at a later date.

Once the user has picked up the item id like them to be able to rotate the object with the right analogue stick, and the movement with the left stick(WASD) restricted.

So far i have it set up like this.

Pick Up Item
- Player Inside Trigger
- Mouse Pick Over Object
- Key Down (Pick Up Button)
- Item Moves To Parent
- Rotates To Path and Looks At Parent
- Store Variable in Collected
- Key Down (Pick Up Button)
- itween Animation (Move Out Of Line Of Sight) (Put into Backpack)
- Destroy

Now when the user picks up the item id like them to stop being able to move. I don't want someone running around the level holding an item in front of there face.

Are there anyways to change the control methods, or lock a Joystick axis?

One way i was thinking of doing it would be to spawn a new player when the item is picked up that cant move. Seems logical, but are there any better solutions.

Any Help would be really appreciated.. (If im not being all that clear, let me know and ill waffle on some more)

Ill leave all my raycast questions for another topic !

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Move Object To View Point - Disable Left Analogue - Rotate Object
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
Is the player movement a separate FSM? You could disable it while holding the item. Or send it an event that would put it into a "Holding Item" state.

mpaul0055

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Move Object To View Point - Disable Left Analogue - Rotate Object
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 06:53:32 AM »
Thanks Alex. No the Controll method is the Oculus Controller Prefab.

I have made two character controllers and one can only look around. When something is picked up it just switches between them.

:)