playMaker

Author Topic: Photon / Player control - input affecting other players  (Read 5938 times)

jess84

Photon / Player control - input affecting other players
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »
This is a bit of a strange one, and one I'll need to look into in a lot more depth. (I've had a cursory look and haven't found the problem, so posting here to see if anyone has encountered similar).

I'm using the example character move actions, and using the correct ismine stuff, and on the whole it works.... however, when player 1 presses a direction, player 2 (across the network, using Photon) will judder and move responding to those key presses. It's only a slight movement, approximate a character width, and then it will snap back to the position is was originally in. The movement is also confined to a small radius.

This also happens when say Player 2 does the same thing.

Any ideas?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon / Player control - input affecting other players
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:31:15 AM »
Hi,

It's critical that you disable user input scripts and logic on ALL players that you do not own in a particular running instance.

you do this ba checking with the action "is mine", if true then user has control, else, it's another user and it should only be controlled viy the photon networking system and variable synchronizing. another player is controling this prefab.

bye,

Jean

jess84

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's what I've done - hence why it's not freely controllable by the other player. (as I said, it moves a small amount and then stops).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:53:07 AM »
Hi,

Can you relate it to user input at all? I mean is it slightly movement as you press inputs or randomly?

bye,

Jean

jess84

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »
It definitely responds to user input.

I couldn't be bothered tracking down the cause, so I've just added extra checks for P1/P2/P3/P4 (as each has a seperate model), that's fixed it for now.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »
Hi.

Unlikely a good choice... It's better if you track down properly the error, else it will haunt your game... :)

Do you have 100% playmaker based character? or do you run some scripts? are you sure these scripts are not responding to user inputs and ar conflicting with the photon view transform managent?

Bye

Jean