playMaker

Author Topic: Beyond eyes, a game where you play a blind girl exploring an unknown world  (Read 5680 times)

Sheridah

• Playmaker Newbie

Hi everybody,

This is my game Beyond eyes that I've been working on for the past year and a half, You play a blind girl named Rae who visualizes the world by touching,listening and smelling it. It's a game with a strong focus on exploration and the relationship between you and the protagonist.

As you guide Rae through this unfamiliar world your behavior as player influences the way she feels and behaves. A player who forces her into dangerous situations finds himself with a scared, distrustful girl who will refuse to do his bidding until he regains her trust. Of course if a player respects Rae's wishes and is careful to keep her from harm, she will open up to him and will trust him in difficult situations.

I am using playmaker for most of my project. Exceptions are the scripts that make stuff visible.

I am currently running an Indigogo campaign for the game that you can find here:http://igg.me/at/beyondeyes

Pre-alpha demo will be released in November!

Let me know what you think !

parallel

Re: Beyond eyes, a game where you play a blind girl exploring an unknown world
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
I think it looks lovely and the idea sounds great! I'm thrilled to see more people venture outside or expand upon the beaten path of classic themes. Best of luck.

24pfilms

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Beyond eyes, a game where you play a blind girl exploring an unknown world
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »
If you could also explain your technique for creating and revealing the paint strokes and painterly approach. Thanks and great work.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
So nice!!!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Really beautiful work!! Can't wait to see more!

Uttpd

• Junior Playmaker
Great art pipeline there, looking forward to see how it unfolds.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
I thought I recognized this from around here! :)

I know the thread is ancient, but I stumbled across this post on GameSpot and thought it was very cool to see the progress on it.

One-woman developer Tiger and Squid created Beyond Eyes solo before publisher Team 17 picked her up. Beyond Eyes stars a 10-year-old girl who was blinded in accident at an early age. Now, when her only friend--a fat, fluffy cat--goes missing, she ventures out into the world to find him.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

coffeeANDsoda

I like how this game looks.

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
This game is getting a lot of great press, maybe something for the front page? ;)
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez