playMaker

Author Topic: Ringworld Movement  (Read 1764 times)

windkeeper4@gmail.com

• Playmaker Newbie
Ringworld Movement
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:09:57 AM »
Is it possible to do movement in Playmaker Similar to a Ringworld system?

Basically the player is walking inside a large torus, they then have the option to move backwards and forwards (normal gravity) or the option to walk up the curved walls and by extension the ceiling.

This seems like a fairly annoying thing to accomplish in Unity and I was wondering if Playmaker was capable of easing this particular movement process.

That said some options I've considered are actual switching of gravity as soon OR the physical world revolving on an axis relative to the player so that it always looks like you're orientation if correct.

I am not entirely sure if either option is doable in Playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Ringworld Movement
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:13:30 AM »
hi,

affecting gravity direction woul dbe my first attempt and I am pretty sure it woul dbe the right choice in many cases. BUT that would affect EVERYTHING in the scene. so some other places may have items start falling where they should stick to their local gravity.

look at actually removing all gravity, and have objects using a custom gravity, gravity is only a force like anything else, so you can have that implemented manually. that would give you a lot of freedom.

Bye,

Jean