playMaker

Author Topic: 'Call Method' action error with Object type parameter[SOLVED]  (Read 2901 times)

ysix

• Playmaker Newbie
'Call Method' action error with Object type parameter[SOLVED]
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
Hi!
When I would use 'Call Method' action with object type parameter, It has an error message
"Parameters do not match method signature. Parameter x1(UnityEngine.Object) should be of type:x2"
in red box.(not in console but in playmaker error checker)
(x1 is sequence of parameter of my custom method, x2 is the type(my custom class name) of the parameter.)

I've matched object type with the type of method's parameter perfectly, so actually It works very well now in my project, but this error message is annoying me.
Is it should be thought just warning?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:36:31 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: 'Call Method' action error with Object type parameter
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »
Right now the error checker doesn't take method overrides into account, maybe that's what's going on here...? If it becomes very annoying you can comment out the ErrorCheck method in CallMethod.cs. Just add /* before the method and */ after. The Call Method UI is definitely first pass right now, we'll be improving it in the next few updates...

ysix

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 'Call Method' action error with Object type parameter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
Thanks for too quick reply!

I think 'Call Method' action give most powerful and useful flexibility to Playmaker. I would appreciate very much for your implementing this and cheer you up!

so, remaining some ideas about
  • method dropdown menu (within a behavior)
  • auto parameter and result setting ( count, type )
  • support void type result

maybe you'd already thought about like that or better, I'm extremely anticipating next update improved.

thanks again!