playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker and NGUI with Unity 4.x  (Read 3461 times)

Tropical Cyborg

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Meet Tropical Cyborg
    • Tropical Cyborg
PlayMaker and NGUI with Unity 4.x
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »
I was developing a game with Unity 3.5 and just updated to 4.2. All the NGUI buttons that called for FSM events stopped working. Does the method to call events in FSMs from NGUI buttons has changed?

Can anybody help me?
I've also updated the latest Playmaker release.

Thanks

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: PlayMaker and NGUI with Unity 4.x
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »
Are you using NGUI 3.x? Version 3 was a big upgrade with a lot of breaking changes. We're working on new actions for NGUI 3.x. In the meantime, if you can, you should use the 2.x version of NGUI.

Tropical Cyborg

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Meet Tropical Cyborg
    • Tropical Cyborg
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
No, I am using 2.7. But I've figure out how to do it. Playmaker now has a special script to use with NGUI buttons to send events to FSMs and I was doing it in the old ways. Looking forward to see the integration of Playmaker with NGUI 3.x

Poonaka

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »
Are you using NGUI 3.x? Version 3 was a big upgrade with a lot of breaking changes. We're working on new actions for NGUI 3.x. In the meantime, if you can, you should use the 2.x version of NGUI.

Any ETA on the NGUI 3.x actions?  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:44 AM »
Hi,

I am working on this currently. However, It is NOT recommanded to upgrade a current ngui project to 3x to many things changed. So It's better to stick to the current ngui for that given project, and start a new project with the new ngui. That recommendation is not related to PlayMaker, it affect any projects really and unfortunatly.

bye,

Jean