playMaker

Author Topic: New project - need to reinstall Playmaker each time? [Solved]  (Read 3152 times)

createasaurus

New project - need to reinstall Playmaker each time? [Solved]
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
Hi,

I'm pretty new to Unity and Playmaker, so I apologize if this is a very simple question.

Whenever I start a new project in Unity, Playmaker is not installed and I cannot find a Playmaker .exe file on my computer.  So, what I have been doing is logging into the unity asset store, redownloading, and reinstalling Playmaker each time I create a new project.  Any advice on a simpler way?  Thank you very much.

I'm running Windows 7.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:31:52 PM by createasaurus »

redikann

Re: New project - need to reinstall Playmaker each time?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »
All the assets Ive downloaded off the store have been in my Project creation tab. If you skip adding it when you make a fresh product then you will have to go on the store or find it somewhere on your puter.

createasaurus

Re: New project - need to reinstall Playmaker each time?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »
Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: New project - need to reinstall Playmaker each time? [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:59:44 AM »
Hi,

Yes, you need to install all your assets for each new project, Unity fresh projects doesn't included anything by default.

Simply go to the asset store, and click on the icon "download manager" and you have your purchased assets ready to "import" right from there from your local drive ( they are cached, so you don't need to redownload them, only download update them when required)

bye,

Jean