playMaker

Author Topic: Random Movement [Solved]  (Read 3321 times)

jgalvezpa

• Junior Playmaker
Random Movement [Solved]
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »
Hello i want to add random movement to my 2D objects with rigidbody around the screen, moving randomly and colliding each other, how can i achieve that? i was looking into itween too many actions don't know the correct one to use.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:34:47 AM by jgalvezpa »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Random Movement
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:38:33 AM »
Hi,

It depends the type of game you have, you could use pathfinding and change the destination when arriving, that's very powerful cause your character can wander around everywhere in your level. If you are looking for something less powerful, you'll need to precise the game, is it a 2d game, 3d game, what's your level is made of and what kind of distance you expect the character to walk, etc.

bye,

Jean

jgalvezpa

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:42:36 AM »
Hi it is 2D game with balloons not character, i want my balloons to move random in the screen

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 02:17:37 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I see:

I would use the custom action "perlinNoise" http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=46.msg199#msg199

with this you would get a "noisy" float that you can inject into a "addForce" action applied to your ballon.

Start experimenting with this and get back to me if you have issues getting it right.

Bye,

Jean