playMaker

Author Topic: Make an OnBoarding with Playmaker  (Read 2632 times)

maesla

• Playmaker Newbie
Make an OnBoarding with Playmaker
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:06 AM »
Hello everyone:

First of all, congratulation for your great product.

I need to implement an Onboarding for our game. I am studying different approaches and I read in Playmaker documentation that it is ready for interactive walkthroughs.

Anyone has implement a tutorial/onboarding/walkthrough with Playmaker. Is it a good idea? Any tutorial about this? Any other approach that I should consider?

Thank you very much

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Make an OnBoarding with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:37 AM »
Hi,

Can you provide examples of what you mean by "onBoarding"? I am not sure I understand what it is exactly.

Bye,

Jean

maesla

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:28:09 AM »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I get it. Indeed PlayMaker is perfectly able to do this kind of stuff. The trick tho is in the implementation ( whether you do it with our without playmaker, the problem is the same). It can become a total mess if you don't carefully draft how OnBoarding behaves. The underlying features is likely to have to take inconsideration alternative inputs and commands then what the user is expected to use, as well as detect where the current Onboarding is to take it back from there if the users quits and comes back.

So, the bottom line is a careful planning, more than what tool will be used to design such feature.

bye,

JEan

maesla

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »
Yes, I totally agree. I though to implement it with some kind of hierarchical fsm. At the end, all depend on how you use a tool, not the tool itself, but I think PlayMaker could be very helpful with a lot of stuff that need to be done in an onboarding.

I will try with it and let's see what happend

Thx ;-)