playMaker

Author Topic: Daikon Forge GUI - Playmaker  (Read 11942 times)

xunxun

• Junior Playmaker
Daikon Forge GUI - Playmaker
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »
Hi,

Daikon Forge GUI Library need to work with Playmaker

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10438

This GUI system would be the "NGUI killer" is there any plan to connect it with Playmaker? I can leave nGui but not Playmaker. ^__^

Please make a kind of proxy, linker or something …

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Daikon Forge GUI - Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »
Hi,

There are tons of playmaker actions for DFGUI, can you get in touch with the Author, I think he planned on making an update on this. Get back to me if you don't get any replies.

bye,

Jean

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »
Because of this thread i checked DF GUI and it looks promising!

Where can i find the playmaker actions? I checked the Wiki but couldnt find DF GUi there. The package on asset store also dont seem to have pm actions?

xunxun

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:46:28 AM »
Thank you Jean,

As you said, I found a ton of actions here.

http://www.daikonforge.com/dfgui/forums/topic/playmaker-support/#post-1153

TakuanDaikon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
I'm actually working on updating the set of Playmaker actions today, and should have the new set available by the end of the week.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »
Hi,

Excellent! I'll put a link on the PlayMaker wiki when it's updated.

bye,

Jean

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 05:17:14 AM »
Excellent indeed!

I just bought DF-GUI (its on sale!) and look forward to use it together with Playmaker.

This seems to be an excellent combination.

jess84

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »
Anyone know what the deal with DK Forge is at the moment?!

You can no longer get the Playmaker actions without being signed into their forum.

I've now tried 3 times to sign-up and get the message "Your registration has been rejected as it resembles automated or spam-like behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance." each time.

You cannot download the actions from within Unity - like how hard would it be to include it on the Tools/DKForge menu?!

I paid 90 euros for this add-on, and they're blocking access to an essential part.

I can't see any contact info on their website/forum either.

Urgh. Good redevelopment of your website, idiots!!

>:(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:27:25 AM by jess84 »

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 08:26:48 AM »
i havent tried to login in to the new forum yet. If you are in high need pm me and i can send you the PM actions pack. i have also created a reordered version that dont use up so much space in the action library.
Im not sure if its aloud to post it here ?

jess84

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 08:33:37 AM »
Thanks, I'll send you a PM now.

I'm actually really pissed off with them right now - no contact info, other people on the Unity Asset Store complaining of not being able to register either. It's not like DKForge was a cheap add-on!

Do you have the updated actions? According to their site they were updated on Wednesday.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 08:36:06 AM »
Hi,

I talked to DFGUI, and it's best if you redirect all your PlayMaker questions to this forum. everything DFGUI unrelated to PlayMaker should still be asked on their forum, but if you have a trouble implementing a custom action, it's happening here :)

Bye,

Jean

jess84

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 09:05:32 AM »
Except that their  shitty new forum blocks you from creating an account, and their site has no contact information listed. And they still don't have the playmaker actions accessible.

But other than that, contacting them sounds like a fine idea.   ::)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:03 AM »
Hi,

Can we keep a polite tone and all, please :) swearing is unecessary and simply plays against you more than anything. If you are not satisfied, simply contact Unity asset store and ask for a refund.

Their playmaker action is available in the "extra" menu on their main webpage. Their forum is fine, I just created an account while I typed this message:

http://www.daikonforge.com/forums/members/jean-fabre-hutong-games.1196/

and it all went fine. Now it doesn't mean you did not experience problems, if you did, indeed you should get in touch with them, which I am sure they will reply. If the contact form doesn't work for you, you still lots of other ways, like contacting via pm on Unity forum, he's reachable their as well.

So, have a go at the PlayMaker actions, and don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum for all PlayMaker related issues within DaikenForge.

Bye,

Jean

jess84

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »
No, they are not available unless you are logged in. They should be accessible from here: http://daikonforge.com/forums/resources/dfgui-playmaker-actions.5/

They *used* to be available without being logged in.

I, and lots of people who have left reviews on the Unity store, cannot create an account because of errors with their new website/forum.

I have paid for something, and I am not able to get all of the files I should be - and was able to in the past.  (I now have them thanks to helpful forum members here).

It's incredibly shabby (not a swear word) that the actions are not included with the Unity Store download, or accessible through Unity itself.

Feel free to defend them all you like, but as a customer they have failed me.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
Hi,

I am not defending them. It's just that this is not the right place to complain for this matter as PlayMaker is not affiliated, and it's not the right tone, which is the important part of me stepping in to calm things down. I am indeed concerned myself, as I used DFGUI in critical real world projects, I would not like to say to my clients that dfgui is going down, after only having started up with it, so indeed, this matter is important to me too.

Have you been able to create an account then? Odd that I could just a minute ago.

Bye,

Jean