playMaker

Author Topic: Improvements to the Energy Bar Toolkit Package  (Read 4018 times)

mweyna

Improvements to the Energy Bar Toolkit Package
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »
http://redmine.madpixelmachine.com/projects/energy-bar-toolkit-public/wiki/PlayMaker_Support

Currently, the only actions are to set values on the bar, but I have problems with referencing, given the actions themselves have to be specified scene objects and there is no field to add a Playmaker Game Object variables (since I'm using prefabs heavily that are creating/destroyed on run-time, no way to really add these links without using a dynamic variable). Any suggestions how to tweak or add to the scripts to make that happen?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Improvements to the Energy Bar Toolkit Package
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 06:09:26 AM »
Hi,

Get back to me if the author doesn't give you an update on this ok?

bye,

Jean

mweyna

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »
Got an email from the author, he's gonna take a glance at it this weekend.

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 02:56:21 AM »
I had difficulties with this too. My Bars were prefabs that needed to be instantiated and the solution i came up with was to add an FSM to that prefab that did the bar changing to itself then instead of setting it in another FSM, i sent an event to the bar itself that would make it do the changing itself.

FSMs on prefabs that reference their own objects (eg. a bar prefab that references its own bar script) will keep the reference for its own instance and not others. So that is a workaround...

I hope you get what i mean. Anyway, if you get any new actions that are more direct and don't require me to do it my way (fewer FSMs are always clearer to understand), then please post them up.

genail

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
Hello,

Here's the Energy Bar Toolkit author.
I've updated the package and it's available for download (with release notes) here: http://docs.madpixelmachine.com/energybartoolkit/doc/latest/scripting/playmaker_support.html

Let me know if there's something more that I can fix or do better than it is now :-)