playMaker

Author Topic: Posting scores via Facebook/Twitter  (Read 4466 times)

Sonic Punch Studio

• Playmaker Newbie
Posting scores via Facebook/Twitter
« on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
Hi there guys, how ya'll doing?

I'm currently looking for ways for players to be able to post scores from an Android game on their Facebook and/or Twitter feeds. A search through the Playmaker forums made mention of the Prime31 Unity plugins and I've also found additional social networking plugins at neatplug.com.

As far as Prime31 go, so far I've only found custom actions that can only be used on an iOS game (http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=4569.0) - however there are none for the Android platform :(

Unless I'm typing in the wrong search terms, are there any Android Playmaker actions that interact with either the Prime31 or the Neatplug Facebook/Twitter plugins? Any help is appreciated as I need to integrate those social networking functions very soon.

- Damien
Intense bubble popping action! Get Bubble Virtuoso today!

Trailer:
Purchase: http://tinyurl.com/buyBVnow

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Posting scores via Facebook/Twitter
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »
Hi,

I am currently not set up to provide help on Android unfortunatly. I have IOS, Windows and Blackberry ( received  my device today actually  ;D ).

I do plan to get an Android device soon ( thanks Santa...) as this would only be a testing device, it's always a bit of a bummer to invest so much in a device you won't actually use much... oh well...

So, I am not aware of any Android specific custom actions on that front, However, Facebook is not integrated in Unity very well, have you studied that aspect already? what is covered on Android front, I am not sure but Untiy and Facebook are working very closely now.

Also, the Asset Store contains a lot of generic social solution, have you looked in the asset store as well?

Bye,

jean

Sonic Punch Studio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
Had a look at the asset store - found one that is running off an obsolete Twitter API, and found others that require me to upgrade Unity.

Unfortunately I'm currently running Unity 3.5.6f4 - upgrading Unity will cause my game to be unable to compile due to Java versions.

Surely there are some Playmaker-using Android developers that are running into this problem as well (my original problem, not the Unity version problem)?

- Damien
Intense bubble popping action! Get Bubble Virtuoso today!

Trailer:
Purchase: http://tinyurl.com/buyBVnow

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:10:12 AM »
Hi,

That's going to be tricky especially if running an old version of Unity.

Bye,

Jean