playMaker

Author Topic: Allowing players to draw  (Read 1402 times)

Oggie

• Playmaker Newbie
Allowing players to draw
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry for bothering you all, but I just wanted to ask if it's possible to set up a situation like this in playmaker without any outside coding (i'm mainly an animator so I'm not going to have the time to learn the code stuff). This is for a student project of mine, so if it's not possible feel free to tell me so :)

I currently have a game about connecting things to cities that works via a grid system, but the ideal setup would be to allow players to draw from their powerplants to their cities freely. I've been researching it and it seems that vectorosity and it's playmaker pugin should allow me to create the lines, but I also need them to:

Be owned by the player drawing them, know what objects it connects, detect when a player connects one line into another (and connect that line to all objects the other is connected to) and cost money over distance.

The goal with the system is that players will be able to do things like draw a loop around a city to force everyone to pay them to connect to it, ext. It's all player from an rts kind of perspective, and I do have 3d terrain so that may be a problem, but yeah - any help or opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Allowing players to draw
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 05:16:17 AM »
Hi,

It's unlikely going to happen without few custom actions here and there I am afraid.

however, I think you could instead of drawing, simply have a selection based on "clicks" instead, and you hilite the current selection, this would allow to get a lot further in your game without scripting knowledge.

Bye,

Jean