playMaker

Author Topic: Animation plays, stops dead on trigger exit. How can I fix?  (Read 1812 times)

Splankton

Animation plays, stops dead on trigger exit. How can I fix?
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »
Hi,
I have an object that has a jumping animation that sits inside a trigger zone. I have a problem when the object is playing the animation at the same time as it exits the trigger, the animation stops dead and the following actions dont execute.  Its all fine if the animation is not playing, the trigger and the actions work as expected, its just when both the animation and the trigger happen at the same time.  Any ideas how to fix that?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Animation plays, stops dead on trigger exit. How can I fix?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »
Hi,

I think oyu have to separate your logic in two fsm one for the animation playback and one for the trigger system.

bye,

Jean

Splankton

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
Yes I already have 2 seperate FSM's one on the animation object, and the trigger on its own G.O. 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:54:07 AM »
Hi,

Maybe you need to layer your animation, because if they play on the same layer for your character, then of course they will shut down any other playing anim.

you shoud study this package very careful, it shows how to play a shoot animation while walking of running, I think you are facing this exacty problem.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2267.msg10101#msg10101

bye,

Jean