playMaker

Author Topic: iTween multiple actions  (Read 5364 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
iTween multiple actions
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
So i have a State where i scale down and then up multiple objects at the same time.. If i just pick one then it scales properly. But if i have two or more in a row then the first one scales properly but not the others. It is like there can only be one iTween running at a time.

Is that possible or am i missing something?

Going to try not using iTween and see if it works.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: iTween multiple actions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
So i made a standard Scale by action and it does the same thing... Multiple actions of the same type do not make unique instances of themselves within the same State...

To make the Scale by work properly i had to capture the original scale then reduce by every frame in the update function.. and when i have multiple instances of that same function in the same State it sticks with the first one in the list.

Unless i wrote the action wrong..

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »
So Alex thought that this should work... Multiple Actions in the same State

but it does not... Not with iTween or my own Transform Scale By either.

Is this a bug or just the way it is?

Q

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:13:12 AM »
Hi,

I am sure this must be something silly. I don't see why scaling different GO would not work, are they separated and not part of the same hierarchy? It could be conflicting with another part of your project.

Have you try to isolate the problem? empty scene, and try to scale two GO first, then more.

Could you share your scale by action, maybe something in here can be spotted. I tried with 3 set scale on 3 GO and it works fine on 1.2

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:52:40 AM »
Well scale works fine because it is absolute.. but Scale By works over time by storing the initial value..... and there is your conflict right there..

So in my case i have several objects that have different initial scale values so when i do a bunch of Scale Bys on them that initial value has a conflict and the final values they scale by are wrong except for any that have the same initial scale as the first in line..

So try a few objects with different scales and use iTween scale By and see how it works.

I am entertaining company at the moment but will post my Scale By action in a bit

Q