playMaker

Author Topic: Animation for disabled object  (Read 2929 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Animation for disabled object
« on: August 09, 2011, 01:29:34 AM »
I am changing focus in my project when someone clicks on an object.. so other objects shrink into the background and then get disabled... This works fine except for ones that have animations on them as it seems to fight with Scale values or something... if i disable the animation in the inspector then it works perfect.. If i use the Enable Animation Function set to Disable then it works to shrink but when i reenable the object it seems to read the animation for one frame bringing the object to full size then starting to grow it like it should... Why does this happen?

Why is the Animation Disable not the same as turning off the Animation in the Inspector? Is there a similar function to turn it off completely?

Or do i have to remove animations from its list or something?

I was thinking of just moving the objects while i shrink them so that i dont have to disable them.. but it is a Free camera so it could be pointed any where.. Hmmm i wonder if i could change their layer instead to make it invisible to the camera... will go in the direction i guess

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Animation for disabled object
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:44:32 AM »
So you can not set the Layer Recursively.... ahhhhhhhhhhh

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:33:59 AM »
Just made an action that will change the layers recursively and it works perfect.. might be how i go.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »
So i just saw the Set Visibility Action from Maddox.. I am sure i could make that to be recursive as well..

Does anyone know if performance wise it makes any difference if i change objects to different layer that the camera does not use in its Culling Mask or if i just change the "renderer.enabled" property instead like in the Set Visibility Action?

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
Hmmm i just did some tests by using both methods on a bunch of geometry and it does not seem to make any difference at all.. That i could see anyway.

I wonder if there are any iOS issues that might come up with one or the other?

Q