playMaker

Author Topic: Mouse look mecanim character  (Read 2039 times)

popawheelie

• Playmaker Newbie
Mouse look mecanim character
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »
Hello,

I have been trying to recreate a control system where mouse look turns the character and WASD are directional. Similar to Assassins Creed controls.

I can get the animation to play but there is too much degree information (tried Highpass and low pass to filer this) AND it resets to zero making the animation stutter.
I have tried other methods with Mouse pick and quaternion angle axis , but I think this is a better solution.. lol if it worked.
If someone could advise me of a tutorial or some info I would greatly appreciate it.
Attached is one of my many attempts.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Mouse look mecanim character
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »
Hi,

you won't be able to do that on one state, and even one fsm, cut down your problme in two.

the look at, and then the player actul movement, the two can be desing separatly using the following trick.

your character is attached to a dummy empty game object, that game object would move, and then the character simply has to look at.

does that make sense? Your logic has to work on both sides, within the 3d world on how you set up the hierarchy and how to use dummy objects, and then implementing the behaviors using this hierarchy to minize complexity. If you understand that kind of tricks, Unity dev is much much easier then trying to go brute force with just pur code ( I never with just pur code, very very rarely.)

bye,

Jean