playMaker

Author Topic: children not scale  (Read 3424 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
children not scale
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:49:07 AM »
Is there any reason why some children of an object would not scale?

I have a parent object with almost 200 children... And i scale it.. but a few of them do not scale at all.. I can not figure out why.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: children not scale
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »
It works fine in the editor if i adjust the scale of the parent but not when i use an action on the parent. I find that strange.

I tried both the Transform Set Scale and the iTween set scale.

I am going to try and split it up into two groups and see if that makes a difference. In the future i will also be optomizing all this geometry so that will make a difference as well i am sure. but just want to know why it is not working right now.

Q

Proton

• Playmaker Newbie
    • NPlay
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »
Do you have any of the children marked as 'Static'? They may be getting batched.

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »
I do not think so.. I put a few of the ones that i was having issues with as children of a new object and they worked fine there...

The only thing i could think of was there is an animation on the parent object.. when i am scaling it i use the disable animation Action on it first which seems to help with some but not these ones.. And these ones that i am having trouble with do not have animations themselves..

I am working on splitting it up to see what i can figure out.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
You were right.... they were set to Static..thanks

I do remember now that i was messing with the Static option a while ago. So i guess i had better fix that.. Will have to do some manual optimizing later anyway.. A lot of optimizing actually.

Q