playMaker

Author Topic: iTween and re-loading levels help needed.  (Read 3539 times)

Red

iTween and re-loading levels help needed.
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:03:53 PM »
Hey there, I'm thick in the whole dev thing (since I'm pushing to get my game out to my testing team) but I've come up against something I honestly don't know how to address aside from scrapping what I've made already that's doing these little problematic issues.

What I've got is the in-game menu has a "return to the title screen" option in that and that's hooked up to connect to the main menu scene. The transition TO the main menu works just fine... and when I load the main menu level first and start from there it works as expected.

However, whenever I return to the main menu screen, the iTween transitions aren't working... I am using these to have a "3d menu" kind of effect so you start off at the title frame and when you click on one of the buttons there (the ones using iTween) it's triggering it but the iTween moves aren't actually doing anything and that's causing the scene to break down by not moving... I don't know if this is a hang per-se because the only interactivity in that scene is the menu buttons.

I've been able to track down that this only happens when I load and go to that scene from another scene.

Anyone have any ideas or have you faced this before (that you've been able to find a way around?)

Red

Re: iTween and re-loading levels help needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:11:27 PM »
Here's a breakdown of how I have the scene set up.

in the scene, the camera is where the iTween actions are located (and I'll post a screenshot so you can see how it's configured.) They are triggered when the user clicks on a button or whatever (so, right now there's a "new game" and "quit" options on the main screen... and on the "new game" section there's the character select options.

When running it, the actions are all with the green check-mark (which if I remember correctly means it's saying "this action is currently working and hasn't finished.")

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Mayhem

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
There seems to be something new going with init or something when changing scenes.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=4810.msg27663#msg27663
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=5747.0

Well, duplicated Instances aren't a new "problem", they are as old as the dont destroy on load method, I'd say :D

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »
Ha, well I haven't followed you guys' threads real close as they seem a little deep for me but it seems like iTween + LevelLoad has had a few hiccups on more developed projects recently, so I figured it might be related =)
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Mayhem

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
Yeah, that's true, it's kind of funny that I had a problem with Loading level twice, another user had problems with iTween-Actions firing twice and now Red has problems with iTween AND the levelloading. This is a classic! :D