playMaker

Author Topic: Animation Graphs and Unity 4.3.1  (Read 3146 times)

Digital Artisan

• Playmaker Newbie
Animation Graphs and Unity 4.3.1
« on: December 15, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
Hey Everyone,
I'm just going through the playermaker Animation Graph tutorials with my own assets. I can't seem to hook up animation to play the same way as it is playing on the Construction asset. I know 4.3 changed a lot of things with animation, are the Playmaker Animation Graph tutorials still relevant?

Cheers,
DA

funshark

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Animation Graphs and Unity 4.3.1
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »
I think you have to wait for the mechanim / Animator action update

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:08:16 AM »
Hi,

warning, Mecanim animation ARE NOT compatible with other animations, it's something very badly documented with clashing names, so make sure you create the anim of the right type.

bye,

Jean

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »
i am also wondering if it is possible to use the old demoscenes somehow? When i import the old demoscene package (from the wiki) into the asset store project i get some exceptions that crash Unity.

Would be great if this could be updated to the current version, im just starting over with mechanim and the actions looking great!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:18:39 AM »
Hi,

Yep. the problem is I don't have a set of Unity samples that are up to date. Unity has not released anything to my knowledge that matches these old samples. Hopefully, this will be addressed soon.

bye,

Jean

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 03:49:02 AM »
didnt they update the samples so they work in Unity 4.3.1 ?
I imported the project from the asset store and i t worked without problems. Only after importing the playmaker package i get the exceptions.
Or do you mean that the workflows of the demo doesent reflect the updated features of navmesh/mechanim anymore?

Anyway i struggled my way into the action package without the demob and it works fairly well. Maybe i can post some additional actions i needed when I finished my project....

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 04:22:39 AM »
Hi,

yes, this demo doesn't reflect what's new and the new ways of working.

By all means, share your additional actions, that would be great, if they are valide ( generic enough), I'll put them in the package on the wiki.

bye,

Jean