playMaker

Author Topic: Get/Set FSM actions... issues abound.  (Read 7816 times)

Red

Re: Get/Set FSM actions... issues abound.[SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »
Thank you. I'm exporting it as I am typing this.

I'll be sending you a dropbox invite for where you can find the package... you're going to have to create a global int and feed that to the "Character Switch" in the Setup system but other than that that's all you will need to do (since I haven't yet gotten the knack for exporting global variables quite yet... though, to be honest that's more for lack of trying since I've been up to my neck in the later stages of development for this game.)

I'll be sending it to the address that we used to communicate for the Arraymaker tutorial plans.

p.s. the breakpoint should be there in the package but if it's not, the breakpoint goes on "FX (3)" in the "Setup" fsm. It's also reproducing this issue in a fresh project...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:12:02 AM by jeanfabre »

Red

Re: Get/Set FSM actions... issues abound.
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 06:54:12 PM »
Out of curiosity, would Unity's profiler help in tracking down what's causing this issue to crop up or is that something it'd not be able to do? Asking since I'm using the indie version (and as such have no experience with the profiler.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:03:27 PM by Red »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 03:16:56 AM »
HI,

no it woul dnot help, profiler is to watch for performances, not for bugs really.

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
Aaaah, okay. Thank you!

I've been mulling it over and I'm wondering if the reason it's showing up with the breakpoint could be because when the breakpoint is called, it's giving the actions some more breathing room before the next one fires off? I mean, since this system I have set up relies on successfully fetching an object from a game object variable I have to clear it at the start of the next step... So, when the action isn't hosting a breakpoint the "set FSM" is able to complete it's task before continuing to the next state?

I'm going to keep working on this one though just in case but if you see anything in the file I've sent you the link for be sure to let me know!

Thanks!

Red

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
*facepalm*

Found the bug... totally a user error here (though it doesn't answer why it would be intermittent based on whether the breakpoint was in there or not)

edit: It's terribly embarrassing on my part too because the data was being transferred over but on the "activate" phase, the FSMs that handled the mechanism were reaching into the state I should have been sending the data to (instead of the mechanism itself) and since the state that should have been holding it but wasn't was empty, it was over-writing the object data with nothing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:28:21 PM by Red »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 08:46:09 PM »
Ha! Oh man, if I had a cookie for every time I did something like that I'd be John Candy by now.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Everybody makes those errors :P
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D