playMaker

Author Topic: 2D animator  (Read 3524 times)

johanesnw

• Playmaker Newbie
2D animator
« on: January 03, 2014, 04:30:36 AM »
hello im new to both unity and playmaker. Im developing 2D game now.
I have seen the tutorials from playmaker site.
So I have animator for my player (have idle, walk, run, shoot .anim) and works well when I used C#.

but when I use playMaker and use "Play Animation" action, it says something like "object must have animation component", but what i have in my character is animator component.
If I change to animation component, then it asks array of .anims to attach to the object.

Whats the difference between animator and animation?
Can I get that animation blending if I use 'animation'?
(like running while shooting, walking while shooting when using animator)

and if using animator is possible in playmaker would somebody explain to me how to use that like C#? (such as setting parameter value)

thanks.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Re: 2D animator
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:14:10 AM »
Animator is the Mecanim Animator Component. To get this working, you will have to create an Animation Controller Object in the Project Window (like you create materials..etc) and drag and drop your animation clips into it. Generally the first clip you drag and drop becomes the default clip.

Now, you will have to drag and drop this Animation Controller Object into the Animator Component and then it will work. 

Animation Component is the Legacy Animation System. You will have to add it from the Component>Miscellenous drop down. You can drag and drop your clips directly into this and also make one of them playable on start.

johanesnw

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 06:47:06 AM »
That's not what i mean bro. I know the difference between animator and animation.
I just don't know how to animate from playmaker using animator (not animation)

Animator is something that i create graph in it right? And then create transition between animation, and set parameter to trigger the transition.
In C# i can just use anim.settrigger/float/bool

How to do that in playmaker? It seems there s no animator section in action browser

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:33 AM »
You can find the Actions in the HutongGames Wiki.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1031

dasbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 05:15:38 PM »
That's not what i mean bro. I know the difference between animator and animation.

Whats the difference between animator and animation?

???