playMaker

Author Topic: unity new 2d tools  (Read 3516 times)

Gordinho

• Playmaker Newbie
unity new 2d tools
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if there is any actions to control 2d animations with the new unity 2d tool?. I´ve seem unity tutorials about controlling the animations but this was made with code.
I´ve also seem the animator actions but I believe that is for 3d animations. Are there any animations like PlayAnimation, StopAnimation but to use with 2d animations ?.
If there isn't any actions out there, do you (Hutong) think you could do some?.
Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: unity new 2d tools
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:56:50 AM »
Hi,

The Unity demo for the unity 2d feature is using mecanim to animate its character, so you should check this and how mecanim is setup with the 2d character.

Controlling this will require the animator package:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1031

there is a 2d package, but it's a different set, not related to Mecanim per say.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1150

bye,

Jean

Gordinho

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
Hello, Thank you for answering me back.
I´ve looked at the demo scene but they used animator to animate different sprites and not to animate a group of frames. What Im looking for are playmaker actions that makes an animation in a sprite run or stop. Unity has two video tutorials one is rested to the demo scene and the other explains on how to use a tile set of an animation to run using animator. I´ve looked at your second link and I don't see any action that mite run an animation or stop. There are the sleep 2d and wake up 2d. Are these actions to run and stop an animation?.
thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:27:47 AM »
Hi,

Sleep and wake up is related to physics not animation.

Can you give me the links to the video you saw? then I'll be able to do something about it.

bye,

Jean

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:48:26 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm also having problems figuring this out. I have an animation clip of sprites in a sequence that I sliced with sprite editor from a sprite atlas. Now I'd like the first frame to be idle or stopped until clicked. I can get the animation to play with "Animator Play" Action from the Mecanim Action package. But It plays automatically. I'm guessing there is a way to set up different states in the animator controller but I'm confused on how to do this with playmaker. Is there a tutorial or something to walk me through what I could do?
Thanks, G  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 03:34:24 AM »
Hi,

I am confused, are you using sprite based animation within Mecanim? you should be able to play them sprite based animation without mecanim right?

Maybe you should use something like 2d toolkit? it makes all this very simple to do.

as for playing automatically, animation component has a check box for automatic playback, can you confirm you have ticked that off if you are using such component?

bye,

Jean

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
I couldn't get the sprite based animation to work with "Play Animation" in regular actions for whatever reason. Yes, automatic playback was checked. I was actually able to get this to work (still using the mecanim extension action "animator play")I just had to have a new empty animator state and play that until my listener was triggered and then used another Animator Play to play the actual sprite animator state. Sorry if that sounds confusing, but anyway It works for what I need so I'm good to go. Thanks for your reply.