playMaker

Author Topic: Selecting Animation with "Play Animation" action [SOLVED]  (Read 4185 times)

Breadman

• Derp
Selecting Animation with "Play Animation" action [SOLVED]
« on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:57 AM »
I have a King character. He has several Maya animations saved out in the usual FBX format - "King@jump.fbx", etc.

When I import these animations into Unity, I set them to "legacy" in the inspector, as per some instructions I remember reading online.

Every time I import a new animation, it shows up fine in the Project window and the Inspector is able to play the preview, but I'm unable to "target" it with the PlayMaker "play animation" or "animation settings" actions.

Eventually, after re-exporting as FBX several times, the animation magically shows up in the PlayMaker animation dropdown menu. What's weird is, I'm not changing any settings within the FBX export or Unity... just exporting multiple times causes it to show up. Once this happens, the animation stays in the drop down menu without any issues. I've had to do this with every animation so far.

Obviously not a critical issue, as the animation eventually does show up, but I'm curious if anyone knows why this is happening, or maybe they've experienced this? It would be beneficial to know what I might be doing wrong, as having to re-export an animation several times to use it isn't exactly efficient haha.

Any thoughts or guidance greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:47:08 AM by Breadman »

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Selecting Animation with "Play Animation" action
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:46:56 AM »
Just found a fix - after exporting the desired new animation "King@death.fbx" for example, if I export an even newer FBX (even if it's the same animation with some random name) "King@nonsense.fbx", it seems to force the animation dropdown window in Playmaker to update.

I'm sure that by exporting this nonsense FBX, I'm actually triggering some sort of refresh function that I can do without exporting the nonsense FBX, but I can't seem to find what that might (right clicking in the project window and slecting re-import doesn't work).

Hmm, odd.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Selecting Animation with "Play Animation" action [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:24:55 AM »
Hi,

Can you report a bug using PlayMaker bug Report? thanks.

Bye,

Jean

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Selecting Animation with "Play Animation" action [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 02:56:05 AM »
Hi Jean,

Will do tomorrow when I have a little more time to properly document the issue!

Thanks!