playMaker

Author Topic: Help with rotation and defaulting to original position...  (Read 1901 times)

Adam Z

Help with rotation and defaulting to original position...
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »
Im creating a mech type of controller in which you can hold a key and rotate at the waist along the X axis, but still head in the same original direction.  I have legs which provides the direction via an FSM, and I have a torso which the camera is parented to, and that has two FSMs; one with a Mouse Look in the Y direction, and another that has the button setup for the independent Mouse Look in the X direction.

As an example; you're moving north, you click and hold a button and you're top torso is looking east but you're still moving north, and when you let go of the button I would like iTween the torso back to the north direction. You can look in the Y direction in both the default movement as well as the toggle to the waist rotation.

The 'iTween Rotate To' sort of works, but I only want it to change the X axis, not the Y since that's independent.  If I modify the 'vector rotation' in the 'iTween Rotate To', it forces me to choose numerics for all 3 axises. So the X works correctly, but then it resets the Y position which I do not want.

On the FSM that has the Mouse Look Vertically, I tried to add a 'Get Vector 3 XYZ', but it's asking me to store the X position globally which I do not want. Its best to store it locally in case I add other players later on.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to set this up?  Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Help with rotation and defaulting to original position...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »
Hi,

what do you mean "globally", 'Get Vector 3 XYZ' (no action actually) forces you to store values in globals. Can you make a screenshot of what you mean?

Bye,

Jean