playMaker

Author Topic: Peeling effect[SOLVED]  (Read 5596 times)

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
Peeling effect[SOLVED]
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:13:07 AM »
Hi

I recently purchased PlayMaker and went trough the tutorials. So far amazing how easy it is.
I am trying to achieve a peeling effect on a model. I have my model lets say with 20 sub-parts and I want to be able to peel the model apart by click and drag them. After that reset everything with a button click

Any directions help would be very much appreciated

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:39:16 AM by jeanfabre »

parallel

Re: Peeling effect
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:28:31 AM »
Assign each peel object a layer, so you can mask, select and store the relevant object/ layer with the mousepick action, for example. Then you can either drag and dispose it with physics or animation. 

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »
Wow thanks for the fast response and will try it out:)

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:51 AM »
I tried without any luck. Tried to apply the pick object tutorial on this but it is not what I want to achieve:(. Here is the FSM that I have now. Never used the layer and mask too

Thanks

parallel

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:59:55 AM »
That was a bit fast giving in, not that I haven't felt stuck and frustrated with PM and done the same :). Here are a few tips for a smoother process:

Break your process down into chunks, and take it a step at a time. Describe that chunk/step to your self, associate to what you already know and what might be just about to be known, like for example a keyword and then search here and read how others had problems that relate to your specific problem. And slowly build your knowledge about how to put stuff together.

Consider that people are busy, and while they may have time to write a reply based on how well and effectively you formulate your problem (your last reply doesn't leave much of a hint about what you have and what exactly is the problem to my mind), mostly people will not have the time to download, open, edit and comment on projects (not saying it can't happen). So the surest way for feedback would be to be clear unto yourself what the problem is so that you can describe it here in brief, better yet with a screenshot of your setup.

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:31 AM »
Hi Parallel

Thank you and usually you don't get this fast responses:)
I completely understand and agree what you have written. I did as you mentioned. I think I have done the first part as described in your first response.
See screenshot:). This far I think it works and you can see that it is hitting the rays on the objects and tells correctly when I click an object. The layer and masks are also working.

parallel

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:17:23 AM »
So it works, but not as you want it. It might be that you want to pick the layering apart object by object; Say you want the cube to be outside the sphere, and so peel the cube first, then you want to make sure that you only hit the cube in that action, so you only mask for the cube layer (1 mask), then you hit it, store it and remove it (with a string of action that could be in that state or in another), and then you flow on to another event/state where there is another mousepick with only the sphere in mask (so not to pick whatever underlying object is next to be peeled). Not sure if that's it but good luck.

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:49:12 AM »
I will play a little bit more to see if I can make it work. If not I will get back:)

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »
Back again:(. Tried some things but without any luck.
Because I am new to PlayMaker I couldn't really understand how to achieve the things you mentioned.

parallel

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 01:43:51 PM »
Keep hacking at it from different angles but in bite size portions. Until you can describe what you are missing, you are sorta on your own and when you find that out, you probably won't need help anyway cause you'll be enjoying tinkering from your own hand.

If you can break down exactly what you don't understand (not just the whole thing like now, because everything might be blurry in the beginning) then it will be much easier to give you exact feedback.

For me a solution to being stuck in a knot usually comes after playing with some seemingly unrelated stuff or sleeping on it.

Others may be able to see what you need better than me though.

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 01:25:41 AM »
Back again

I have tried to solve this without any luck sadly. Maybe someone else can help me out here on how to solve this please?

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Hi,

I don't really get it neither.

Maybe this is what you need:

http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=271

else, have a look at all the modifiers, I am sure one will correspond to what you want.

else do you have a video of a similar effect we can look at?

bye,

Jean

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
Hi Jean

Thank you for your post and link. That is not what I am after
Here is a video of what I am trying to achieve

http://vimeo.com/70525930

In the video the user grabs and moves parts. I just want to move the parts away from the assembly and not need the parts bin

Thanks again

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 06:51:19 AM »
Hi,

Ok, you need two things:

1: dragging object
2: remember original position

1: to drag objects, you'll likely need the custom action "3d plane drag" to ease the job.

2: Remember the original position is easy, when the scene starts you record the position and upeon a global event you set the object back to that position.

I have added a small sample showing this implemenation ( external link, cause attachment are broken currently)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17356625/Unity/playmaker/samples/AssemblyDrag.unitypackage

bye,

Jean

aydinu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »
Wow you are amazing Jean, exactly what I am after:)

Thank you, thank you:)

Do you have to manually assign the component to each part in the model that you want to drag?

Aydin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:08:08 AM by aydinu »