playMaker

Author Topic: Exteria - Fantasy FPS  (Read 4265 times)

XilenceX

• Playmaker Newbie
Exteria - Fantasy FPS
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
Hi fellow developers.
I've been working on Exteria for over a year now and today it has finally been released! Over time it has become really complex and it runs on about 2000 Playmaker actions now. Obviously many of them are copy&pastes since almost everything in the game has a modular structure. Without that and an extensive use of managers as explained in the Playmaker tutorials, it would have probably  been impossible to finish such a project.

Story:
You find yourself on a small floating island.
A grumpy old man introduces you to your new gained powers.
During the game you learn new spells by defeating increasingly difficult monsters.
The ultimate goal is to defeat the bosses in the game to be able to return to reality.

Key Features:
• 5 versatile spells as weapons
• 10+ enemy types in two unique environments
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather
• No time wasted! Short, polished experience
• 100% Indie developed by one guy, with the help of friends.

The game is available for $2.99 on http://www.desura.com/games/exteria

MeachWare

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Exteria - Fantasy FPS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »
Good luck on your release.

A few questions:
  • Was built with Unity 3D, why no Mac release?
  • Do you have a dev blog?
  • Did you consider FTP with unlockable content? (please don't take this the wrong way, it is meant as helpful) From what I can see in the video I doubt I'd play even if it was free. Sorry...  :-\

Again I wish you luck.

XilenceX

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »
Thanks there is no Mac release, because I have no Macs to test on.
I don't have a dev blog, but I'll probably write a bit about the development process on the IndieDB News page at some point.
I don't really see FTP as an option, especially on PC, untill someone figures out a way to make it fair for everyone. Ah well that's another topic. heh

I'd be quite interested to hear what you didn't like in the video.
If you don't want to post it here you can also PM me here or on Unity forums.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:42:21 PM by XilenceX »

MeachWare

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
I'd be happy to test a Mac build for you.

I'm not really sure... it just doesn't get me excited, maybe show me some other screens or something that makes what to see more.

Actually, after my post I was checking twitter and I saw this image and THIS makes me interested and I want to find out more... I realize this is vague as heck but I always try and give honest feedback. I guess from the video what I see really lacks polish, actions seemed a bit off and I'm just not sure about that "wand" weapon, seemed like its movement was swishy and I'd want to like a forceful stroke; like Harry Potter would do...

Note: FTP = Free to Play, not sure I was clear. If so then aren't there ways to unlock content in a Unity3D app? If not...  :o I'm sure you could release a LITE version for people to try.

HOWEVER; you should be EXTREMELY proud of that fact that you completed your project and it is now available for sale. As far as Unity 3D; I'm still a virgin  8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:36:14 PM by MeachWare »