playMaker

Author Topic: Official Tutorial Request Thread  (Read 110894 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Official Tutorial Request Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2017, 04:30:42 AM »
Hi,

Ok, basically, what you need is a selection system using xml. I'll work on this, where you'll be able to pick a mesh out of a given set and it will save it in xml, as well as remember it from sessions to sessions.

Bye,

Jean

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2017, 06:47:25 AM »
Thank you very much, could you also do one showing how to add sprites to a texture, material? If it is not too much to ask?

If I have the textures with the full faces, I can swap them, no problem, but I have no idea on how to do it so individual eyes, nose and mouth can be selected.(adding simple shapes, or random sprites just to show me how it work would be perfect, doesn´t need to be pretty)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2017, 02:23:00 AM »
Hi,

you;ll need to learn Unity some more here, basically you can't have sprites on mesh materials, sprites are meant to be used for 2d and UI, for 3d models, it's only textures. So make sure you fully understand these differences.

I'll do a texture selection system as well.

Bye,

Jean

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2017, 06:49:28 AM »
Ok, thanks a lot.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2017, 04:48:42 AM »
Hi,

Started on this: https://twitter.com/JeanAtPlayMaker/status/925341887858438145

dedicated thread here: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=16054.0

It will take time to complete, but I think I'll release it as incremental updates.

As for textures and sprites, they just don't work together at all, you use textures on meshes and for all material needs, and you use Sprites for all 2d and UI needs. that's all, you can't mix it up so much ( yes UI allows you to show a raw image as texture, but that's not optimal and should only be done for things like renderToTextures, camera feeds or streaming).

Bye,

Jean

Alatriste

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »
Is there any good playlist with "advanced" tutorials? I'm sure I do many things in the most complicated way. :D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
Hi Alatriste,
What kind of "advanced" tutorials are you looking for?

Alatriste

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2018, 10:46:40 AM »
I was thinking about stuff like PlayMaker Sequencer Commands. I saw this on some addons and I really don't understand how it works.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »
Hi.
Do you mean something like a dialogue system?

if something else, do you have some samples or links/names from those add-ons

Alatriste

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2018, 05:11:21 PM »
One of the addons I use that support that is Dialogue System, but not sure if there are other ways to use this feature.

Sovarius

• Playmaker Newbie
Adventure-Oriented Tutorials?
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2018, 03:15:13 PM »
I searched and found no answer.

But i was wondering if there was a tutorial geared towards creating a 2d top down action adventure? A Zelda-like, think A Link to the Past.

To familiarize myself with Unity and Playmaker i am recreating some features of ALTTP, a player character with movement and actions, 2 enemies, a hud, a couple items.

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »
I would like to request a tutorial that shows how to create from a.xmlfile a list similar to the one used to select actions in playmaker´s action browser fr, where there are clickable categories, and then when a category is cliked a new list with clickable options dropsdown and pushes the other categories down, until a new categorie is clcked on.

I have a few .xml files with categories that contain option sin each category, and want to have that sort of interface.

Thank you for your time.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2018, 01:47:34 AM »
I would like to request a tutorial that shows how to create from a.xmlfile a list similar to the one used to select actions in playmaker´s action browser fr, where there are clickable categories, and then when a category is cliked a new list with clickable options dropsdown and pushes the other categories down, until a new categorie is clcked on.

I have a few .xml files with categories that contain option sin each category, and want to have that sort of interface.

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

I can take care of that and provide a sample using xmlMaker, it will be straight forward, the complex bit is to get the uGui right, reading from xml is ok.

can you provide a sample of the xml you want to use and I'll base the sample on this so that it fits.

Bye,

Jean

riczjoshy

• Playmaker Newbie
 ;DHello. I want to learn character selection. Example . i want to select a character and play it in the scene. then if I want to back to select player . there will be no error. Can you helpme with this.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2021, 10:46:41 AM »
Hi.
it depends a bit on your setup.

can player change in main menu (before starting main game)
or during gameplay?

Probably you need to set some prefabs for each character, then use resources load (Ecosystem)

but if you wat to regular swap during gameplay you might want to load all characters and disable / enable the one you use/not use