playMaker

Author Topic: Global Variables changing name when I assign it to Send Event  (Read 1725 times)

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
Global Variables changing name when I assign it to Send Event
« on: February 24, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »
I made 4 global Variables and then when I assign them one of the names is changing to one of the names that already exists so I'll have 2 of the same Global Variables and the other one vanishes. I'm just assigning the variables to a game object and then sending an event with these variables. Not sure why it would change in my Global Variable list. Please help.  :-\

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Global Variables changing name when I assign it to Send Event
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:59:08 PM »
Can you submit a bug report so we can get more info on your setup:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1112.0

Please also attach a screenshot. I'm not quite following what you mean here:
I'm just assigning the variables to a game object and then sending an event with these variables.

Send Event lets you select events, not variables. Which action are you using to "assign the variables to a game object." A screenshot would be most helpful...

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
Re: Global Variables changing name when I assign it to Send Event
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Sorry I can't send an error report or an image. I pulled the mess into the scene and deleted the prefab and GO variables that were giving me problems. you're right, I mean I was Sending an Event to the Game Object variables, but they were changing names in the Global variables which broke my FSM. The triggers I was sending from were children of a child of a parent (grandchildren?). I couldn't edit the "grandchildren" in my prefabs folder so i'd pull the whole prefab into the scene and would edit it there. I'd get a message in the FSM saying this is an instance of a prefab so I'd click the button to edit the prefeb from in the scene. I think this is where the problem was. (I wish I could figure out how to edit grandchildren at the source in the prefabs folder, but there is no roll down arrow. ) Anyway. It's working fine for now. I'll send a bug report if it happens again. Sorry to be confusing. I'm stumbling around til I get a grasp of Unity and Playmaker.