playMaker

Author Topic: HOTween for dummies?  (Read 1841 times)

jess84

HOTween for dummies?
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:23 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking at changing some of my (and there's only a few) iTween actions to use HOTween instead, and I'm having trouble getting my head around even the basics.

iTween actions were at least very intuitive - object, to where, how long, etc.

The info required in HOTween is confusing me.

Can anyone share an example of tweening an object from one location to another using HOTween?  The only example I could find on here was Jean's colour changing. The demo scene in the main package is great - with the 3 cubes doing their different things, but that's controlled by scripts and not PlayMaker actions. (a duplicate of that scene but done with PM actions would be idea for newbies like me dipping their toe in!)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: HOTween for dummies?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »
Hi,

there is two way to go about it:

1: using hotween behavior and set it up visually. for this, I guess it's more a question of checking hotween own samples, as it has nothing to do with playmaker, playmaker here would just trigger the hotween you created

2: using hotween to tween a fsm variable ( a vector 3 likely). Is it something you have considered? basically, you tween a vector3, and then use the result with the action "set position" action, everframe and you have your moving object.

bye,

Jean

jess84

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
Hi,

With option 2 - Is that not inefficient having your object check/update it's position every frame?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:15:41 AM »
Hi,

someone/something has to do it in the end, wether it's hotween internal library or you within playmaker, and that isn't going to make a lot of difference ( if at all).

Bye,

Jean