playMaker

Author Topic: Question about using Time Scale to Pause  (Read 1697 times)

Mysterian

• Playmaker Newbie
Question about using Time Scale to Pause
« on: April 17, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »
Hello!  I am currently working on implementing an in-game Pause Menu that's supposed to pause then game when you press Escape, then then show the GUI buttons for the pause options (Resume, Options, Quit), and then un-pauses the game when you press Escape again.

Using some tutorials to go on, I added the Scale Time action in my 1st FSM (Not Paused), and set it to 1.  Then in my 2nd FSM (Paused) I have Scale Time set to 0.  The Get Key Down action is in each to recognize Escape as the toggle as well.

Whats weird though is that in my Pause State, the game is not coming to a complete halt.  It instead starts moving very, VERY slowly.  Everything is going as it was before, and is still recognizing all the regular key commands (movement and such), but is just moving at a crawl.  Background music and animations continue as well.

Any idea why this is the case?  Should I be inserting an additional action?  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Question about using Time Scale to Pause
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:12:13 AM »
Hi,

could it be that you switch constantly between 0 and 1 and so it slower? else, I don't know, I never encountered such behavior myself.

bye,

JEan