playMaker

Author Topic: targetPro  (Read 1973 times)

troubleMaker

• Playmaker Newbie
targetPro
« on: April 19, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »
Hi,

I just bought targetPro thinking it would be useful for my game, but i have some troubles with the integration.

First i have no idea how to set the "power" value for the most and least powerful sorting option of targets. Is this done the actions somehow, if there is one for it i must be blind and stupid =)

Also, in my game you are supposed to be able to hijack enemy units and even projectiles, so i should be able to change their target layer, but the problem is that targetPro uses layerMask for that, and as i understand Playmaker doesn't support layerMasks and i also couldn't find any way use the Set Property action to change that.

I already asked around in the targetPro forums, but the devs told me to come here XD

I guess i can get targets the same way as targetPro also using the Physics overlap sphere action, but i have no idea how to sort them myself and at least targetPro promises to be more cost efficient. Any idea how to circumvent these problems?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: targetPro
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
Hi,

Sorry about the reply lag. Are you still struggling with this? The typical way would be to not rely on layermask but to build your own filter logic, maybe using tags? have you tried that?

bye,

Jean

troubleMaker

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Hi Jean,

It's fine, and thanks for replying. Well i kind of let it be for a while, since i wasn't sure how to solve it.

I'm not sure what you mean though. The targetPro scripts don't have the option to filter by tags. Or do you mean that i would let targetPro get targets from ALL layers, and then filter the returned targets inside Playermaker actions by tag. That would seem a bit of a round-about solution and i think it might be more efficient and simple just stick to using the Physics Sphere for getting targets. It just seems so resource heavy.

Also now that i have you here, i'm also having a bit of trouble with the A*-pathfinding. I use Poolmanager to spawn and despawn my enemies, and once they have been killed once, the "follow to"- movement no longer works. The debug line shows the enemy starting to have a path only maybe halfway through its intended movement, sometimes no path at all. The guys just run to the "start" of the path through impassable nodes and usually fall off some cliff somewhere. The  "move to"- movement still works though, which is strange since i though it was the "follow to"-mode which is constantly updating the path.

The best way would be for me if i could somehow completely reset the enemy to it's prefab when it dies, because it's also quite annoying that i have manually set it's health back to full or it will re-spawn with 0 health. Is there any way to do this?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:05:09 AM by troubleMaker »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 07:13:06 AM »
Hi,

have you contacted targetpro for the rest option? I think it's valid point.

currently I would simply make a manual reset with pklaymaker that would run everyitime you spwn that enemy, and you are done basically.

bye,

Jean