playMaker

Author Topic: Daikon Forge questions  (Read 2150 times)

realrobo

• Playmaker Newbie
Daikon Forge questions
« on: April 28, 2014, 03:00:27 AM »
Hello, I posted this few days ago, but I think I asked in a wrong place, so posting it in this forum instead.

I've been using Playmaker for a while, and can't tell you how much I enjoy using it.
Lately I've gotten Daikon Forge, and had been trying to learn it (and their Playmaker integrations).  I have two questions, and had been asking in the Daikon Forge forum, but so far there is no response, so I was wondering if anyone from Playmaker forum who has good understanding of Daikon Forge can help me.

1. I'm trying to have an item spawn a number (their Value in DF Label) when the player touches it.  The trouble is, since DF gui is virtually away from the scene, I need to find where to spawn DF label.  Basically, is there an easy way to have something like "World to screen Point" action for DFGUI camera, instead of the main camera?

2. They have a script that allows GF GUI elements to follows an object in DF GUI. - "DF Follow Object"  I was trying to use playmaker's "Send Message" action to change the follow target dynamically, but I'm not sure what would be "Method Name" in that script.

Thank you for all your help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Daikon Forge questions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »
Hi,

Running behind as always, I saw your other post ( prefer bumping your posts instead of posting the same questions, it's cleaner in the long run).

Allow me one or two more days to get back to you, time to finish some of the pending threads I have.

Bye,

Jean

realrobo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:33:33 PM »
Thank you =)  Can't wait to hear from you again !!!

ahren

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:49 AM »
Note sure about 1 but 2 shouldn't be too hard.

I don't have the exact code accessable but it looks like there is a public property on the dfFollowObject script called 'attach' (??) which is a GameObject.

In your FSM you should be able to get a reference to your new 'target' GO, then fire a Set Property action.

A