playMaker

Author Topic: Photon PUN+ and Playmaker compatibility  (Read 2538 times)

jlmarc33

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon PUN+ and Playmaker compatibility
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »
Hi,
I bought today Photon PUN+ in asset store and tried to install it with last Playmaker release (1.7.7.1). I was unable to find how to configure these two packages without any errors.

I tried also to install Photon last sample package (in addons: http://www.hutonggames.com/downloads/PlayMakerPhotonSample.unitypackage) and there is also something wrong for me with this one when trying to build...
Is there somebody who had solved these issues,... or any tutorial to explain if specific installation sequence exists (files/scripts exclusion) ?

I hope that compatibility problems should be solved in Playmaker 1.8.0 release, with a possibility to choose beetween Photon Free and Photon PUN+ packages without any drawback
Thanks for your help   

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon PUN+ and Playmaker compatibility
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:15 AM »
Hi,

The support for the latest version of Photon will be released with PlayMaker 1.8. Pm me to get the beta package so you can progress.

Can you explain what's wrong with the sample at the present time ( given the assumption that you use the supported version of Photon shipped with the current versino of Playmaker).

Bye,

Jean

jlmarc33

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »
Hi Jean,
Thank you for your answer. It's good news to see that PUN+ 1.25 will be supported in Playmaker 1.8
I made a new project with only last Playmaker package. I can use the last Photon sample package with PHOTON Free release shipped in the PM package without any other problem than my learning curve for a multiplayer application

Bye
Jean-Luc

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:51:29 AM »
Super :)

I am also working actively on the new photon TurnBased system with a proper demo to go with it, so lots to look forward in the coming months.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:47:09 AM »
Hi,

You can already download that photon 1.25 package for PlayMaker:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928

Bye,

Jean