playMaker

Author Topic: Template debugging out of sync  (Read 2987 times)

Krileon

Template debugging out of sync
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
I'm getting slammed with dozens of "Missing Action" errors from my templates. I created a new action to do what I'm wanting, setup the new action, removed the old action from the template, then deleted the action from my project. Yet it's flipping out that an action is missing in my template. How do I shut this thing up? My templates are working fine so I don't understand why it's doing this.

Krileon

Re: Template debugging out of sync
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:51:27 PM »
Nevermind, finally got it. Had to refresh every template on the object instead of just the one that changed. Weird.

Krileon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 07:54:14 PM »
Ok, that only lasts for my current session. If I exist Unity and open Unity the issue is back. Very annoying.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »
Are you saving the project and the scene?

Krileon

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
Yes, I've saved multiple times and it still does it. For some reason it still thinks my template contains the no longer used and deleted actions, but it doesn't.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
So the template has Missing Actions in states that you delete and they come back? Can you attach a screenshot or video capture?

Krileon

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »
No, the Templates don't have the missing actions it's complaining about. I've done the following

1. Create New Actions
2. Add Usage of New Actions
3. Remove Old Action Usage
4. Delete Old Actions

The old actions don't exist and are not used anymore. However, the template keeps complaining that they're missing. It's complaining about actions that are not used and do not exist; it's pure madness!

Code: [Select]
Setup: Level Menu: Save Level: MissingAction: Could Not Create Action: EZSaveSaveVariable (Maybe the script was removed?)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionReport:LogError(PlayMakerFSM, FsmState, FsmStateAction, Int32, String, String)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LogError(String)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(FsmState, Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Init(MonoBehaviour)
PlayMakerFSM:Init()

Code: [Select]
Could Not Create Action: Setup: Level Menu: Save Level: EZSaveSaveVariable (Maybe the script was removed?)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(FsmState, Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Init(MonoBehaviour)
PlayMakerFSM:Init()
PlayMakerFSM:SetFsmTemplate(FsmTemplate)
FsmComponentInspector:RefreshTemplate() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmComponentInspector.cs:395)
FsmComponentInspector:OnEnable() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmComponentInspector.cs:44)

The above is thrown to console when clicking the gameobject that has my template or clicking to edit the template. The action it is complaining about does not exist and is not being used.

What's even worse is one of them is complaining about an action that doesn't exist, isn't used, and is on a state that doesn't exist anymore. I must be taking crazy pills, losing my mind, or the error checking is going bonkers.

This is only an issue for templates.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:27:24 PM by Krileon »