playMaker

Author Topic: Inventory System (Help)  (Read 2922 times)

gamedivision

Inventory System (Help)
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »

so what i have so far,ive set up the barcode scanner and i can now grab the data thats created,i then manually input description,gc number,qty then press add to inventory
It will display all that info on another screen in a line for each item

my question is whats the best way to save all that data for each item,remember that all that data has to be displayed for each item on another page like this

Fan Assembly    466582     1     2397234892374897

thats one line for each part,the inventory will be searchable,each part will have the ability to be removed and added at any time by me.
Im just looking for guidance as i dont want to spend a week on something finding out it was  a waist.

what im using so far
Playmaker
NGui
easy barcode scanner
and im guessing arraymaker
and for setting native notifications i will be using Ios native

thanks for any help or advise given

jess84

Re: Inventory System (Help)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:36:51 AM »
If you're asking about saving the data on change, and restoring it on loading your app,  I would highly recommend EasySave2. Easy to set up, very fast, and I've had no problems with it.

gamedivision

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
cool i already own easysave2
but for logging all that info then exposing it on another page in order,
i was thinking arraymaker, but for each word id need an individual proxy list
If you're asking about saving the data on change, and restoring it on loading your app,  I would highly recommend EasySave2. Easy to set up, very fast, and I've had no problems with it.

gamedivision

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »
what i was thinking was on the add to inventory button using an ngui label get text of each of those items and storing them in a string variable. Here is the bit im struggling with, putting that one line of data in order on the other page,

gamedivision

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »
ok found a great little playmaker action called build string, not only that but it comes with a separator

love it

gamedivision

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »
ok i've finally got all the info being displayed in one line
So i'm up against a big hurdle at the moment,i need to be able to create a label and display the current scanned details on that label created at runtime then be able to save that label
i scan info press add to inventory it then creates the label which will be a parent of a scroll view  and inputs that data and saves it.
so i'm guessing i need to create a prefab label and somehow add that everytime i scan a new item
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:08:27 PM by gamedivision »