playMaker

Author Topic: Ecosystem: Custom Actions/samples Browser v0.6.11 [April 2021]  (Read 36868 times)

LogLady

Re: Ecosystem: Custom Actions Browser v0.4.0 [December 2014]
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 07:10:53 PM »
It is indeed a great work. Much better than look the forums topic by topic. I'd love to see it integrated to the Playmaker official release package or at least a download option inside the addons tab (much like the easysave2 option to import the playmaker actions). About the standard assets list I never tried that too. Every time I start a new project I install the extra packages by the assets store but I noticed that some packages are displayed on the menu where you can choose where you want to put the project files. It would be great to have the ecosystem on this menu.

Congratulations and thank you for your efforts!  8)

P.S. the Trello link you posted is not working.

wheretheidivides

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »
I don't think people use it to 'search' for actions.  If like me, they just download everything.  That's the point of playmaker is to have as many actions as possible.

Looks good as it is though.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:16 AM »
Hi,

Trello board is now public, sorry, I did not see it was only org visible.

As for downloading everything, this is not the spirit indeed ( but read on, I have a solution cooking). Many, including myself would complain instantly, because it increase the compilation time ( until Unity only compiles what's really needed...).

so, a granular, get what-you-need-only is definitly the way to go, typical example, the networking actions that is a problem on many platform because they are not part of the targeted platform. Or Action that are only for a given module, why host dozens of actions on a module you will not use, like the physics 2d, the Ui, Mecanim,  pathfinding.

I haven't counted the number of custom actions, but I would bet it's way above the 1000's if not more including all the the third partys on the asset store providing PlayMaker support.

however, I hear you on the argument of "yeah... but I have to get the one I always need always and always and it's a pain".

YES :) we all agree on this and that's true for regular packages outside PlayMaker too :)

To address this, I will create a user management system so you can log into the ecosystem and combine your own package of custom actions you will flag and it will create a single package you can access and install. Like a "favorite" tool allowing you to stock your preffered actions into packages.

I think this feature will require a small subscription fee, but I am not sure yet, like the ability to point to private github reps for teams working on sensitive work and wnat to benefit from the ecosystem. Your feedback on this ( what should be free, what could be charge a small monthly/yearly fee) is very much needed.

I think with this, it solves both types of use, either you get the one you need as you build your project, or you install that custom package of yours and you have everything ( everything you defined) in one go.

Bye,

Jean

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
I use the search function on Ecosystem- thats the best part about it for me- its an incredibly useful and awesome tool- thank so much for creating it  :)
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 01:41:09 AM »
Hi,

Thanks :) I believe in this tool very much, so also make sure not to hesitate criticise it so that I can see where to take it, the search for example lacks an exhaustive listing and convenient tools to get more out of the results, etc etc. it also lacks a proper channel for communication, rss isn't really suitable as is,twitter for the big anoucments ok, but for each and every new addition, I need to find something automated so you can be informed of what's new without creating too much work on the author.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Ecosystem: Custom Actions Browser v0.4.1 [March 2015]
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 05:28:54 AM »
Hi,

ok, new patch update for the Ecosystem:

-- Unity context is now handled properly. Watch out of the physics samples that are NOT working as expected, Unity 5 has a new physics engine update and things aren't working exactly the same, currently investigating to provide u5 specific physics samples

-- slight issue I will investigate on the Md object inspector, it works on 4 but not on 5, I suspect something change in the way inspector works for objects.

-- new quick github button to go online directly to the file hosted on github, ( easier for publishers and curious people :))

you'll notice also the updater inside the Ecosystem that on the next search will prompt that you there is a new update, so this is the first update since I implemented this and it works fine, very pleased with this. You still need to manually download it, cause I want to be able to have users attention if there is a break that requires some manual operation, but I think I'll provide an option to update directly or simply go online and download/install manually.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:58:45 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Ecosystem: Custom Actions Browser v0.4.2 [April 2015]
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »
Hi,

New Patch for Ecosystem.

I want to make the sharing of custom actions easier for contributors, and I think github means too much setup for simple sharing, I looked around and found Snipt, a great and simple code sharing system. Support if great, and so I decided to port it fully inside the browser.

https://snipt.net

- It's seamless for the end user, you browse as usual, get what you want as usual, you won't even now!
- Click on "preview", it will take you either to github or snipt viewing online the readl source of that item

I released two actions, for testing:

https://snipt.net/jeanfabre/

Full explanations on how to share actions with Snipt, will come next week.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 08:06:52 AM »
Hi,

Just a quick funcky stat coming from the Ecosystem Server. 10K+ searches and downloads per month :) which brings the total of searchs and downloads to more than 52K since april 2014! There is a 50/50 split between searches and actual downloads which means that in average a one search leads to one download, which I think is a great stat. Tho, I think I'll implement a button "I did not found what I want" and I will record your search criterias so that I know what people expects to find, and adjusts to match your needs.

So I am glad this system is used! more to come ( working on Photon atm to bring the latest iteration on Ecosystem, Vectrosity, etc etc).

Bye,

Jean

rik

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »
great to see and also feature request can do ik for mechanim with examples
if there are ik actions for mechanim that was good to see

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »
Hi,

Yeah, once photon is done, I'll tackle vectrosity and Mecanim Samples

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Ecosystem: Custom Actions Browser v0.4.3 [June 2015]
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 09:52:14 AM »
Hi Guys,

New version up to improve sharing of custom actions via Snipt online repositories, and cross referencing in general from various urls.

As the content becomes more and more widely distributed, sometime an action makes reference to anothe file that is not in the same repository, or in the example of snipt, that simple a reference as a plain url, and so snipt sharing was constraint to custom actions with no dependancy typically. This is now addressed.

a typical header for the new depedancy would look like this:

Code: [Select]
/*--- __ECO__ __ACTION__
EcoMetaStart
{
"script dependancies":[
"https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--Utils/raw/master/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs?assetFilePath=Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs"
]
}
EcoMetaEnd
---*/

so the dependancy can now be a plain url followed by a "assetFilePath" property representing the asset file path within the project. so any url can be served this way, it can be a github raw url, or a snipt raw url ( you can get to the raw url via the "raw" button at the bottom right of the snipt interface).

If you want to implement such dependancy and you are not sure, just pm me and I'll guide you.

Bye,

Jean

dudebxl

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
Great  :D. thanks for all the hard work.. really appreciated  :D

Nog

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 05:25:10 PM »
Ecosystem is amazing. Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »
Hi,

My Pleasure!

It's now well above the 15K searches and downloads per month ( +30% increase from month to month!), which is incredible, so thanks to all the users and contributors, keep coming with requests and content :)

Bye,

Jean

WseikaW

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »
Hi,

I get an error on unity beta,how do I solve it?