playMaker

Author Topic: Wii U support  (Read 2446 times)

JoshuaShoemaker

• Playmaker Newbie
Wii U support
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:36:34 AM »
Has anyone tested using Playmaker on their Wii U devkit? I would like to know before I invest using it in my project.

And if so, are there any complications and are there any special actions that anyone have made for the system, such as gamepad support?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Wii U support
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:32:04 AM »
Hi,

I haven't tested it myself, but I know some members are using PlayMaker and Wii U, but not sure to what extends thsi sdk is supported.

I have been in contact with Nintendo, but they don't seem to realize that there is a potential for them to get more devkit purchased if PlayMaker is properly supported. Maybe you should contact your nintendo account manager to express this and to come back to me to arrange things. Cause I can't be spending so much money on a devkit just for portabiltiy check where I know I am not going to produce any projects for real.

So make yourself heard to nintendo that you would like PlayMaker to be supported. I would commit into supporting this platform if I can get a mutual collaboration going on with Nintendo.

Bye,

Jean

JoshuaShoemaker

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »
I most certainly will try my hardest. You are right about the increase of Devkit purchases. Is their an email that I could use if I get any kind of real response?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »
Hi,

yes, use my email at hutong ( on my profile)

Bye,

Jean