playMaker

Author Topic: Custom Vibration Length  (Read 2939 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Custom Vibration Length
« on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
I am aware that Playmaker comes with a DeviceVibrate action, however it vibes for 0.5 seconds. Is it possible to control the length of vibration inside the action?
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Custom Vibration Length
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »
Hi,

it certainly depends the phone. I am think last time I checked, they had a strict policy with vibrations, and you could get rejected from the app store if you'd abuse it.

On top of that, I think Unity wrapps the calls and do not offer much control unfortunatly. within XCode you can create vibrating patterns, but that's already native coding and all.

If you can find a unity script or something that does control vibration, let me know, I'll have a look if that's doable as a PlayMaker Action.

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Custom Vibration Length
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »
Cool, thanks Jean.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!