playMaker

Author Topic: Support for Rigidbody 2d movement  (Read 6417 times)

igyoung13

• Playmaker Newbie
Support for Rigidbody 2d movement
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:54 PM »
I thought that with support for unity 4.3 rigidbody 2d support was a given but I guess you guys thought not. I think this needs added ASAP

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Support for Rigidbody 2d movement
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:23:05 AM »
Have you checked out the Unity 2D addon?
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1150

igyoung13

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
That's sad, a addon that doesn't give movement to the rigidbody2d...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:18:47 PM by igyoung13 »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
The Unity 2d addon exposes the Unity 2d API as actions.

Normally you would interact with a RigidBody using Forces, so you would use Add Force 2d.

If you want to set the velocity directly use Set Velocity 2d.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean by "movement to the rigidbody 2d". If you just want to move a GameObject you can use Translate, Set Position etc. You can also use Get/Set Property actions and Call Method actions to interact with any component on the GameObject.

If you could be more specific about what you're trying to do I'm sure we could help.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:33:43 PM by Alex Chouls »

igyoung13

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »
I guess I thought it would be simple for playmaker to make a sprite move given how easy it is for 3D controllers to move... Hopefully you guys look into this soon 2d development is only going to keep growing. I'll just look into something else then, that's what I get for buying a asset on sale should have known it was to good to be true :'(... If you have a beta test for rigidbody2d controller or rigidbody 2d simple move please & i mean please add me
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:02:09 AM by igyoung13 »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 03:09:09 AM »
It is simple to make a sprite move (see attached image).

I still don't know exactly what you're asking for. You said:

Sadly you can't move 2D rigidbody's in playmaker.

Not true. The Unity 2d actions give you everything you need to move a 2d rigidbody.

So anyone making a 2D game without the character controller component is f***ed thanks...

Again, you have all the actions necessary to build a character controller - are you asking for a pre-built one? Every game is different, so you need to be a bit more specific about how this controller should work.

After checking the link they replied with its a addon that still doesn't give movement to rigidbody 2d....

Don't look into the addon for this called Unity 2D on their website its a lie, no rigidbody 2d movement... It's sad... really sad... Would love a refund right now

OK. I already let the asset store know that you want a refund...

EDIT: I noticed you modified your review a little. But I still have no idea what you mean by "not finished" unless you say what you're looking for. Playmaker is not a "Make Game" button. Playmaker gives you building blocks - you have to build something with them. Users are making 2d controllers with the Unity2d addon. Search for "2d controller" in the forums.

I'm not saying Playmaker is perfect - we're always trying to make it better. But this happens as a dialog on the forums, figuring out what's missing, what we can make easier etc.

BTW, the reason Unity 2d an addon is we still support Unity 3.5.7 and 2d was introduced in 4.3 so it seemed reasonable to provide it as a download. You'll notice we do the same thing with pathfinding, mecanim etc.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:11:22 AM by Alex Chouls »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 02:54:40 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I am confused too as to what you actually mean by "movement". In Unity, you have a  lot of variants and solutions for this, so indeed it's important to be more specific about you think may be missing. It could be simply a confusion about how Unity is working in the first place and how PlayMaker allow to you to access Unity features.

Typically, as Alex says, you "move" rigidbody using forces and torques, and that's all supported fine within PlayMaker and the various addons you'll find on the PlayMaker wiki.

Maybe you are making assumptions based on a tutorial or a project you are viewing in Unity and want to reproduce in PlayMaker? If that's the case, let me know which one it is exactly, and I'll look into how these 2d bodies are moved around and  provide a working version done 100% in PlayMaker.

Bye,

Jean

Stardog

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 10:18:29 AM »
It's missing basic Rigidbody.MovePosition support (for 2D and 3D). It's like the CharacterController.Move/SimpleMove functions. That's what I assume they were talking about. This still isn't in PlayMaker... Please add.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8399.0
http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Rigidbody.MovePosition.html

For now you have to use Set Velocity...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:21:06 AM by Stardog »

dudebxl

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »
@Stardog

I found RigidBodyMovePosition in the ecosystem

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 02:37:20 AM »
Hi,

Yes, always make sure to check with the Ecosystem. It contains thousands of custom actions that you can easily search and install in your project in few clicks, without the need for manual operations.

Bye,

Jean